• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SpareParts Build Thread...Linked and tons!

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Nice progress there on getting the 60 under your rig. I never thought to mount coil mounts separate of the radius arms like you did... nice way not to have to build out the frame on either side to make the coils mount up straight.

We did Jameys different, he has the 79' axle. So we used the same 1" puck idea but set his right on top of the Cage arm mount. I was thinking of cutting my bracket to clear the stock pad mount but thought I might gain alittle stability by placing my arms futher apart?

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I got mail today!

My ARB, compressor and install kit came in today. Looks like more work ahead!:cool:

David

Attachments

• ARB PIC.jpg
    ARB PIC.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Wow, you guys have been busy!

I had a nice 3 day weekend to help out. Sunday morning mine was sitting on the dollies on the side. I guess we started working on mine around 1 ish.

So I have around a day and a half, including taking my axle out of the donor truck and driving to steam clean it.

David

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Very jealous David. Next 79 Dana 60 you guys come across hang on to it for me please.:-[

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Great progress David! No doubt now your going to make Howiepalooza for sure. Can't wait to give you and GB's rig a close look-see.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I come across 60's every now and then, I find a lot of newer ones. They are not that bad to install, with the Cage arms.

Back to work!

David

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I'd rather have a new 60 - better stock shafts and the diff is closer (think competition rock crawling) so you can put it over obstacles easier. If not Cage arms, BallisticFab has some nice stuff too.

chief67

David, you have gotten alot of work done since I was there 2 weeks ago.Your rig is almost ready for the trail, and I have yet to take the axels out of my van that I bought from you. Looks great,even though I prefer the low rider look. keep the pics coming.
Tim

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
those coil buckets are crazy big!

Not really, I only moved them up 1" over stock height. Normally they would sit on top of the Cage arm mount, I put a 1" puck under them. The support makes it look tall. That's because the springs are lined up with the coil towers and the radius arms are moved out. Some for stability mostly because the diff is pushed over so far on the newer axle.

I mocked it up with a 38" tire tonight and it has a nice wide but taller stance. I'm rethinking fender flairs now.:-X

David

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
David, you have gotten alot of work done since I was there 2 weeks ago.Your rig is almost ready for the trail, and I have yet to take the axels out of my van that I bought from you. Looks great,even though I prefer the low rider look. keep the pics coming.
Tim

A lot changes around here pretty quickly sometimes. Having the money from the axles did inspire me, I knew I could get mine back together with it.:D

I'm just contemplating my next purchase.......tires and wheels. I haven't made up my mind yet. SOoooooo many choices. Maybe 33" Boggers ;D

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Keep on with the pictures - progress is always good. I'm not sure what you are going to do about flares with full width 1 tons - but I may think about something along these lines for the occasional road driving I'll be doing...

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
cool looking Heep! Spareparts I can't wait to check out your rig at Howipalooza.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Finished up my track bar mount, mounted my ram assist and ran my front brake lines the last couple of nights. Track bar was made from a 3"x 3" 1/4" wall box tubing with a 1" insert welded to the back. So I'm pulling against 1 1/4" material with my 3/4" grade 8 bolt. The angle gusset is 3/8" plate, that should keep it on the axle. All I have to do it mount my shocks up front and hook my DS up. The DS should be done today, 3" removed to fit the new D60.

I will work on my rear brake lines and maybe the track bar mount tonight.

Stay tuned for more pics. ;D
David

Attachments

• one ton swap 13.jpg
    one ton swap 13.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 433
  • one ton swap 14.jpg
    one ton swap 14.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 431
  • one ton swap 15.jpg
    one ton swap 15.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 444
  • one ton swap 16.jpg
    one ton swap 16.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 378
  • one ton swap 17.jpg
    one ton swap 17.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 394

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
The DS should be done today, 3" removed to fit the new D60.
David

Alright - how much did you add for a 5.5" lift? I'm wondering if I will need to lengthen my drive shafts at all with the lift and 1 tons.

Took some measurements - the pinion length difference between a D70 & a 9" is really close to 3".... (I know that is just the rear - but I'm thinking the front will be close to the same...)

Progress looks good - keep up the good work. Not going full hydro to keep it street legal?

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
When I first built this I did not have DS and I started with the 351w/C6/203/205 combo so my DS are no where near stock. I used big Bronco DS's and the front from a F-350. All the joints were the 1330 instead of 1310's. I have to change my rear to 1350 for the 14 bolt. I know this doesn't help with yours but I have not a clue as to what stock ones are or what you have to do with them.

I already have the hydro assist and I do want to keep it street legal. This set up worked awsome on my 1/2 tons, the bigger tire shouldn't make a huge difference.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
When I first built this I did not have DS and I started with the 351w/C6/203/205 combo so my DS are no where near stock. I used big Bronco DS's and the front from a F-350. All the joints were the 1330 instead of 1310's. I have to change my rear to 1350 for the 14 bolt. I know this doesn't help with yours but I have not a clue as to what stock ones are or what you have to do with them.

I already have the hydro assist and I do want to keep it street legal. This set up worked awsome on my 1/2 tons, the bigger tire shouldn't make a huge difference.

Ok - figured you have some wackjob setup :p I'm lucky that my 60/70 combo both use 1330's - just need to get a pair of yokes and burn em in.