• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SpareParts Build Thread...Linked and tons!

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
More progress....rear disk brakes are done. Brackets are done and are mocked up on the axle. I still have to have the rotors turned and new pads, calipers, lines...that will all come after I get it bolted in.

Attachments

• 03-14-09_2005.jpg
    03-14-09_2005.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 03-14-09_2004.jpg
    03-14-09_2004.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Axles are out, took 3 hrs. start to finish. That included the time to build my Bronco/furniture dollies.

Attachments

• 03-17-09_2308.jpg
    03-17-09_2308.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 320
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I have been working on my brackets and my rear end. Jamey's is on the lift so mine is getting little of the attention. My copies of the Cage brackets are done, I just need to fit them to the axle. The rear 14 bolt is cut and plated, I have a little grinding and clearancing to the bottom of the housing. I ordered my front and rear diff. covers from Ballistic Fab yesterday, I'll modify the cover when if comes in. The front ARB was ordered today for the D60 along with the install kit and the compressor.

Attachments

• cage arm brackets 1.jpg
    cage arm brackets 1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 149
  • cage arm brackets 2.jpg
    cage arm brackets 2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 144
  • cutting 14 bolt 1.jpg
    cutting 14 bolt 1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 167
  • cage arm brackets 3.jpg
    cage arm brackets 3.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 154
  • cutting 14 bolt 2.jpg
    cutting 14 bolt 2.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 148
  • cutting 14 bolt 3.jpg
    cutting 14 bolt 3.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 138
  • cutting 14 bolt 5.jpg
    cutting 14 bolt 5.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 150
  • cutting 14 bolt 4.jpg
    cutting 14 bolt 4.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 165
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
It won't be like that for long..........

Just patiently waiting my turn, in my shop!;D

I'm getting all the little things done to my axles and brackets, so I'm in no hurry, yet! It will be done for Howiepalooza.

David

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I have my friends 37x16.5 Boggers to use until I get a little more money together.

I'm looking into the 39.5x16.5x17 Pit Bull Rockers on 17x9 soft 8 wheels with the DIU beadlocks. I just have to raise a little more funds, I have my current Boggers on 10" chrome mods and my street tires with the M/T Classic II's for sale. When I unload them I will have almost enough to buy them.

David

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
Cool build! Are you cutting the gears down in the 14 bolt? Looks like you are going to have to because of how much you cut off the bottom of the housing.?

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Cool build! Are you cutting the gears down in the 14 bolt? Looks like you are going to have to because of how much you cut off the bottom of the housing.?

No, I cut it at an angle so I would not have too. My rear end has to be pitched up a bunch so cutting down further into the housing would not have helped me. I was able to clearance the top of the housing so I could install and remove the ring gear, but it did not have to be ground down. The way I measured it I will be gaining around 1 1/2" from a stock 14 bolt and only loosing 1/4" over a 9". :cool:

David

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
awesome. I never thought of that. I cut the lip off my 14 bolt, but that was it. Although the bottom lip alone is almost 1"!!!

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
I have my friends 37x16.5 Boggers to use until I get a little more money together.

I'm looking into the 39.5x16.5x17 Pit Bull Rockers on 17x9 soft 8 wheels with the DIU beadlocks. I just have to raise a little more funds, I have my current Boggers on 10" chrome mods and my street tires with the M/T Classic II's for sale. When I unload them I will have almost enough to buy them.

David

I run Pit Bull Rockers and love them! Best tires I have ever owned!

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I run Pit Bull Rockers and love them! Best tires I have ever owned!

I'm glad to hear that. I have never ran them but have heard a lot of good things about them. My only fear is being able to fit them in my wheel wells. If not, I just it's on to the next stage.....pushing the wheel wells back in a little stretch.;)

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
awesome. I never thought of that. I cut the lip off my 14 bolt, but that was it. Although the bottom lip alone is almost 1"!!!

I had another friend do that also, I'm grinding almost all of the bottom side so there is no lips at all to catch on. The 14 bolt is the worst for that, there is so much webbing that I'll never need, I'm not ever going to haul that much weight in my Bronco. More pics will come...

David

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Nice job on the cage brackets - you must have had one laying around to make them look so close...

The brackets fit perfectly where they need to go - cutting off that bracket sucked though. Hard to get a plasma cutter in there or a grinder.

goneballistic

Loc.
Washington, MO
Your running th newer 60 as well. This is the same 60 David(SpareParts) has.
He copied one of my Cage brackets. Heres my Build Thread: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135642

Nice job on the cage brackets - you must have had one laying around to make them look so close...

The brackets fit perfectly where they need to go - cutting off that bracket sucked though. Hard to get a plasma cutter in there or a grinder.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru

Do you have a pic from the other side? I was wondering how much I would have to modify the original mount.

David

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Here's my weekend progress, I have been too busy to keep the tread up to date..

We reassembled the 14 bolt and slid it under the Bronco, bolted up with 9/16" U-bolts and 5/8" thick plates. Jamey found some spring perches that will relocate the rear back 1", so we pushed it back at the same time.

Moved it over to the lift and started the front end work. Mounted the Cage arms to my brackets and set the caster of the axle to 5 deg. to keep a good balance of D/S angle and drive ability. Made the spring towers out of a piece of 3" round tube I had left over from building my house, "beam supports". Then topped them with a piece of 3 3/4" X 1" cold roll, drilled and tapped to mount the coils.

Steering was then next on the list, we drilled out the knuckles to clear the 3/4" bolts for the heims, drilled and tapped the 1 1/2" X .500 wall DOM tubing for the tierod. Then we used 1 1/4" X .385 wall DOM to make the drag link and track bar.

The track bar riser is being made tonight, more pics to come.

Oh I forgot to mention we were working on Jamey's bronco, stripped out a 88' F-350 front clip, removed and sold the 7.3 diesel motor, then removed the front D60 axle I used and took it 10 miles away to steam clean it. Before I started working on mine. ;D

Attachments

• one ton swap2.jpg
    one ton swap2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 310
  • one ton swap3.jpg
    one ton swap3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 283
  • one ton swap4.jpg
    one ton swap4.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 297
  • one ton swap5.jpg
    one ton swap5.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 274
  • one ton swap7.jpg
    one ton swap7.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 304
  • one ton swap6.jpg
    one ton swap6.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 284
  • one ton swap8.jpg
    one ton swap8.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 327
  • one ton swap9.jpg
    one ton swap9.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 443
  • one ton swap10.jpg
    one ton swap10.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 336
  • one ton swap11.jpg
    one ton swap11.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 368

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Do you have a pic from the other side? I was wondering how much I would have to modify the original mount.

David

I don't see how it would be an issue - there is nothing in the way after you cut the brackets off...

Unless you are talking on the backside of the bracket. I didn't take a picture of that, but here is a comparison of the two. Right one is upside down.

Nice progress there on getting the 60 under your rig. I never thought to mount coil mounts separate of the radius arms like you did... nice way not to have to build out the frame on either side to make the coils mount up straight.