• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Well, its finally starting to come together

OP
OP
RnrdTheFox

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
raleigh_bronco said:
Is it going to fit in the garage with bigger meats?

That rig looks great. How about your roll cage?

Thanks for all the replys.

Tires and wheels will be the final crowning moment. Waiting on the next round of cash to finish the mechanical stuff and get it fired up.

Thinking 35's or 36's depending on what the final height will be to get into the garage. Wanted 37's, but preliminary mesaurements show that may be a little too tight.

Family cage is sitting in garage. I need to get the hardtop put on so I can weld it up. Some days I get a lot done, and others, well let's just say it took me three days to put the damn doors back together. But, that's another story...:-[

I'll post more pics when I get the roll cage in and painted.

Scotty

Looks great. When you originally posted describing your military theme, I was thinking a camo paint scheme. This is much better.

Did you do your own bodywork? If you sent it out, would you recommend that body/paint shop? I think I'll hit that stage this fall; I'm building a rolling chassis and am hoping to move the body over late fall or early winter.

If you need a hand with that hard top, I'll be happy to help. I screwed that up trying to do it on my own once. %)

Scott

OP
OP
RnrdTheFox

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
Scotty said:
Looks great. When you originally posted describing your military theme, I was thinking a camo paint scheme. This is much better.

Did you do your own bodywork? If you sent it out, would you recommend that body/paint shop? I think I'll hit that stage this fall; I'm building a rolling chassis and am hoping to move the body over late fall or early winter.

If you need a hand with that hard top, I'll be happy to help. I screwed that up trying to do it on my own once. %)

Scott

Thanks Scott.

I didn't do the body work. I've never done that and knew I couldn't do it to meet my satisfaction. Everything else I did or am doing. The guy that I worked with was recomended by one of the local body shops because he does custom stuff. He's in North Denver, not far from 36 and I25. I originally went to him just for the media blasting, but ended up cutting a deal with him for everything.

Would I refer him? To be honest, there are some details that he needs to clean up, and says he will, once I get it put back together and bring it back one last time. As an example, there is a rather large run in the clear on the topper, the windsheild was let down before the clear was dry and it crinkled it up on the hinge, the inside of the doors need to be buffed down along with some other areas. So, if he fixes those things, I'll be happy with what I got and would refer him. I have a buddy redoing a 69 corvett with a 427, all original and low miles. I've held my buddy off until I get the last few details/issues resolved.

PM me if and when you get ready to discuss it and I'll walk you through the good, the bad, and the ugly of what I learned with this phase fo the project.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
Yeah, Renard has done a thoroughly good job on his bronco. I saw it last night and really am impressed with the meticulous nature of how his restoration has gone. My bronco on the other hand is just built to be solid and the meticulous part never came into play. It's coming together finally. Should have steering and brakes in about 2 weeks thanks to Renard's help on the hydroboost.

Scotty

Renard,
As I think about it, I have never seen a direct answer to the question of which adaptor is used for the 4R70W. I have assumed that it is the AOD adaptor, but as I have searched these forums, I don't recall it ever being specifically stated.

The 96-97 1/4 Explorer has the GT-40 not the GT-40P heads, correct?

I've been sitting on a similar build idea for a few years now, minus the military theme. I just haven't had the $$ or time to move the project forward until recently.

Thanks for the info!
Scott

OP
OP
RnrdTheFox

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
Scotty said:
Renard,
As I think about it, I have never seen a direct answer to the question of which adaptor is used for the 4R70W. I have assumed that it is the AOD adaptor, but as I have searched these forums, I don't recall it ever being specifically stated.

The 96-97 1/4 Explorer has the GT-40 not the GT-40P heads, correct?

I've been sitting on a similar build idea for a few years now, minus the military theme. I just haven't had the $$ or time to move the project forward until recently.

Thanks for the info!
Scott

Yes, It's the AOD adaptor. There are two types, get the one for the 88 and up AOD transmissions. I got mine from Tom's Bronco Parts, but they are all the same from AA I think. Price varies a little though.

Yes, on the heads. If you are in doubt, the P heads have four vertical bars on the front and back vs. three for the GT-40 heads.

I have a good salvage yard in Denver that I like to use and would recommend if you haven't gotten the drivetrain yet.

thanks,
Renard

Solar Aviator

Mustang Harness

I did a 94 Mustang installation in a 83 FSB last year and had great luck using the harness. I removed the extrainious circuits and reloomed parts of it so it looks like it was made for the truck. I went with a ZF 5 speed and swapped the auto computer for a manual computer. This year I've started doing the same installation on the 70 and using the AODE. Let us know how everything works. I'm curious about how the shift points are going to work out. I'm planning on 4.11 gears and 33" tires. Are you going to install the emissions controls?

Dave...

OP
OP
RnrdTheFox

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
Solar Aviator said:
I did a 94 Mustang installation in a 83 FSB last year and had great luck using the harness. I removed the extrainious circuits and reloomed parts of it so it looks like it was made for the truck. I went with a ZF 5 speed and swapped the auto computer for a manual computer. This year I've started doing the same installation on the 70 and using the AODE. Let us know how everything works. I'm curious about how the shift points are going to work out. I'm planning on 4.11 gears and 33" tires. Are you going to install the emissions controls?

Dave...

Dave,

Going to run the EGR and purge canister, but that's all. No air injection etc..

Hopefully, I'll know how it all works in July. Working like a mad man on it when I'm not traveling for work. My neighbors think I've lost it.

I'm currently putting the family cage in it. Once that's done, I need to decide on a radiator, stone crusher steering linkage, a few hydro hoses, and finish the wiring under the hood and try to start her up.

I should stop by and see your project next time I'm in Boulder....

4jrfox

Loc.
Houston
I have used the same seats color ect. Only one problem, if you are using the original seat tracks there too high. If you change to make the seat lower please let me know. Awsome seets! jrfox@lightmortgage.com
Write me if you fix the seat height.