• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally Starting 77 Rebuild

jlbierig

So I bought a 77 a couple years back and have finally had a chance to start tearing into it. As many on here have stated and I am victim of the rust is deeper than I originally saw. I keep looking at how much work and time it will be to pull this puzzle apart and start back together with it so have been exploring buying tubs both metal and fiberglass. I am not a fabricator but actually bought this bronco to try and learn so when I build the 56 F100 I have I won't be practicing on it.

I now would like this vehicle fast than originally planned. I am sure it is because here in Oklahoma the weather is finally getting nicer and I am excited to finally be working on it. So I have been looking at tubs. My question is there a tub close to Oklahoma for sale. Seems fiberglass is cheaper in the long run but I do like the thought of keeping it somewhat original with sheet metal.

I will also be redoing the break lines, fuel lines and tank, suspension, transmission and transfer case. Which is the real reason I separated the tub from the frame.

Let the good times roll.

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Good luck to you on this. I had the same issue with the 77 I have. Start taking it apart (about 20 years ago) and it was so bad that you could literally fold the body in half at the doors. I opted for a fiberglass body and I do not regret it. The Glass body is no piece of cake to put on and finish either. Probably in hind site I would have opted for the steel body if I had to do it again.
Hope this helps

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
welcome to the site, I like metal better. not sure of anyone close to OK that would have one. how bad of a shape is your tub in, got pics;D.
where at in OK are you located?

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Not positive, but I think the 77 had some difference with the tub due to the fuel doors. Not sure if anyone makes a 77 one. If not you should be able to go to the older fuel fill tubes.