• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally starting the (Reassembly) '66 Frame-off!***Back from Paint***

OP
OP
jim3326

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Time for a little update:D
Have the dash, doors, rear flares and tailgate installed. Had to do some grinding of the Line-X to get the tailgate to close even close to flush, still out a little less than an 1/8th. Got the top back too but there are some issues, painter forgot to put the seam sealer under the drip rails on the sides and I think he used too little inside the rail. There are also a few places where it didn't flow all the way across the rail, left gaps along the edge%) Not real happy with the painter at this point, he's about 4 weeks overdue, found out the guy he has helping him likes the nose candy a little too much:mad:, guess he can't get high enough with the fumes%)
Should get the hood and grill this weekend and still waiting for the windshield to finish up the frame and get it installed, have to put the glass in first cause the cage is too close to do it easily. I could put it on but it will be a lot easier if I don't.

Still have to do some trimming of the front inner fenders to clear the tires when flexed and turned and drill and tap the slider for the front fender to bolt up.

Now that it's gotten hotter today, guess I'll go sweat a little%)

Jim W.

Attachments

• ModGearBanger.jpg
    ModGearBanger.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 113
  • FFlarenGascap.jpg
    FFlarenGascap.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 99
  • LDoor.jpg
    LDoor.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 112
  • RDoor.jpg
    RDoor.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 105
  • TailGate1.jpg
    TailGate1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 102
  • TailGate2.jpg
    TailGate2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Tailgate4.jpg
    Tailgate4.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 91
  • TopGutter.jpg
    TopGutter.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 89
  • TopCorner.jpg
    TopCorner.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 91
  • TopGutter1.jpg
    TopGutter1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
jim3326

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Pulled both fenders to do the trimming of inner fenders, drill holes for antenna and lower corner of fender to the slider. Decided to make a cold air intake out of the air intake for the heater. If I would have thought about it before, I would have modified the cowl to be flat, but since I didn't....%)

Jim W.

Attachments

• ColdAirIntake.jpg
    ColdAirIntake.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 58
  • ColdAirIntake4.jpg
    ColdAirIntake4.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
jim3326

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Took it out for a shake down run and to pickup the top:D Drove it about 6 miles, stopped for about an hour to put the top on, drove back. Now I have a few more things to try to work thru?:? Bled the brakes last night but they were still mushy, stops ok once you pump them a couple times but then it bleeds off between stops. Think I'm gonna have to make the tank vent line larger, I think it's causing a vacuum problem that may also add to the pump over heating. Need to tighten the power steering belt a bit.

Would have liked to put it thru a few different paces but I didn't get the shifter back from the powder coater yet. Kind of tough using a piece of flatbar instead of the gearbanger%)

Got an issue with the top and the driver window frame too, but it may go away after I start getting it all sealed and bolted. Had to put a 1/4" spacer between the top and windshield so the door would close.

Got the front bumper, winch, lights put on the other day too.

Jim W.

Attachments

• Back W-Top1.jpg
    Back W-Top1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Back W-Top5.jpg
    Back W-Top5.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 79
  • FirstDrive1.JPG
    FirstDrive1.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 94
  • FrontBumper.jpg