• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Landsharks 76er Refresh and Build

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Doors are on, latches are latched.. windows and wing windows are in. .drove it for about 30 minutes today.. ran pretty good lots of little fine tuning to do to get it running really good.. have a vibration at 10mph will have to track down, might be a rotor.

IMG_1584.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't look at your Bronco with a clean shirt!!! I keep slobbering on myself!!!

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
thanks guys.. still ironing a few things out but did drive it around the most yet today.. about 40 miles worth.. does great around town but idle is still too high and i have a vibration at 10mph that goes away at 11mph.. so hopefully this weekend get those two things situated and get the rest of the doors together.. and maybe but on some nice door sills ;)

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
I decided to go ahead and try to re-coat the fake chrome on my original ranger door door panels since they were in such good shape.. so i picked off the fake chrome layer on both sides, taped then sprayed with a chrome rattle can paint.. then clear coat. The clear coat really knocked down the chrome paint but I think they came out ok.

I did not re-coat the top chrome looking strip of the door.. just the lowers. the top looks to be an actual piece of metal..

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

IMG_1588.JPG

IMG_1589.JPG

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Thanks. Looks like it fits nice. How do you like it?

thanks, fits pretty well I had to wrestle it in a few places and the passenger wheel well doesn't fit nearly as well as the driver side but with a little time and heat i bet it settles down. I have some more cutting to do but waiting on the top install in a week or two.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Got a few things done yesterday...

Finally finished the carpeting on the tailgate, waiting to do the small cutouts when I get the top on and install the backsides, probably about 2 weeks.

IMG_1595.JPG

Installed the door sills, passenger door, door straps

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

truck didn't come with a passenger mirror so installed one...

IMG_1608.JPG

Grill trim finally came in.. installed that and the license plate. I used two little rubber bumpers to stand the plate off from the grill and body and then put some small vacuum line on the top of the license plate to keep it from rubbing the grill when i go too fast ;)

IMG_1600.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

and a gratuitous engine shot ;)

IMG_1603.JPG

next on my list is to get my tires checked.. i think thats the source of the vibration at 10 mph.. and iam going to order up a VSS kit as I think thats the problem with my idle..

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
Man this thing is beutiful. I had not looked at this build thread in a while and when I saw your pic in the Lubr thread I had to come and check this build out again.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Shark,
You need to find one of the license plate brackets that attaches to the bumper and get that plate off the beautiful grill !!! They are a little hard to find, but show up from time to time.....I think they came on the later early Broncos....if that makes sense!!!

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Hey Shark,
You need to find one of the license plate brackets that attaches to the bumper and get that plate off the beautiful grill !!! They are a little hard to find, but show up from time to time.....I think they came on the later early Broncos....if that makes sense!!!

i actually have one.. but I didnt' like the looks of it.. I put rubber bumpers between the grill and license plate.. about an inch between.

I will see how I like the plate there, maybe move it later but it adds a little old school to the build ;)

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Chris, can you detail how you plumbed and wired your fuel vapor canister set up ?

Ok so this is how i wired and plumbed the charcoal canister to both tanks, with a purge solenoid wired into the computer.

First picked up a newer style charcoal canister along with the purge valve from a 93 Bronco. They are the same on virtually every ford truck in the 90's. The valve is usually mounted near the EGR on these trucks and are usually plumbed with a vacuum or fuel line from the charcoal canister to the valve then to the upper intake.

I restored all the stock vapor lines the way they were run as it was in 76 but added a hard line (used a left over brake line i had) over the lower back side of the fire wall above the transmission from the passenger side frame to the driver side frame. Then from the driver side frame I ran rubber vacuum tube up with the wires to the canister which I mounted in that big blank area to the right of the brake booster.

I wired up the purge valve through the old throttle assemble hole in the firewall to Pin 31 on the mustang computer (CANP). The other wire requires 12v so wired that into the 12v wire I ran for a light under the hood.

The way the system works or as i understand it is when the engine is fired up the computer opens the valve to allow all the vapor that might build up when sitting in the tanks and dumps it into the upper intake. The valve had markings for the direction of the flow.. mine says ENGINE with and arrow.. so mounted the lines with the arrow following the lines to the intake. I have had no smells and seems to be working. Pretty easy, hardest part was finding a way to wire into the RJM harness into the computer. I used a weather pack male end and modified it to fit through the circular computer wire pin hole.

last thing I have to do is to secure the bottom of the canister which right now is just mounted by the top screw...

anyway some pictures. If anyone needs more detailed pics let me know i can take whatever you need.

Here you can see the canister on the driver side near the brake booster, I ran the vapor line through the brake booster bracket to the solenoid near the upper intake, then into the intake itself. The wires for power and computer come through the stock wire location on the firewall.

IMG_1603.JPG

heres a pic of the mounted location, had not run the solenoid yet...

IMG_1458.JPG

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I've been looking for one of those front plate brackets! LMK if you want to send it my way....

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Not much going on as I have been out of town, however the bronco got its final touchups, seam sealer and hood/top installed while i was gone. Picked it up today... now I need to clean it up and install the final remaining weather stripping and other bits and pieces that are left...

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1659.JPG