• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Landsharks 76er Refresh and Build

Texas9902

Loc.
Dallas (Lakewood)
Tremendous

Tremendous effort on the Bronco. It's art. But as much as the restoration, the pictures and flowing commentary were priceless. Thanks for taking us along.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
wow its really been a year already???

I guess I better update this thread!

I have finally gotten around to planning the finishing touches on my build.

I am working with Melissa at the Bronco Hut to match the interior front seats as I want to replace them - driver side is slowly getting worse.

Picked up a center console, i will be recovering the padded arm rest in the solid ranger green and mounting it to a custom bracket that attaches to the passenger and drivers seat mounts so that I don't ahve to drill any holes in the body.

I will probably have some something built for the rear speakers as I will not be cutting holes in my ranger rear interior quarter panels but want to keep things clean - its tough.

Since I picked up a BC top for my 69 Bronco I won't be putting the hardtop back on it so I have decided to pull the sliding windows out it and put them in the 76. I have also ordered a slightly darker rear piece of glass for the lift gate as well so finally getting around to replacing all the rubber in the hard top. Guess that means I need to get the chrome molding around the windows polished too..

I haven't decided what to do about the rear tire carrier.. i really like not having one. Its clean, easy to get into the lift/tailgate and best of all no rattles. I do have it all painted and even have an extra slot that is polished and ready to be mounted. Half of me wants to get the body holes filled and not install it.. the other half wants to put it back on to keep it "original"... eh

I am going to 31" tires and re-gearing to 3.73 or something near there. My rear gears are a bit noisy at road speed due to a bad install (me) the first time and running them a bit longer than I should have... I will want to of course install a limited slip or something in both axles as the same time of course :)

I am going to put the front sway bar back on, it needs it especially above 60 MPH.

I smell a winter project coming on!

Anyway.. lots of small things to do as well, i have had a blast driving the 76 its a great driver.

One of the downsides of driving it around is that it get ALLOT of attention, more than I want sometimes and I have to remind myself it comes with the territory. Everyone wants to talk about it or tell a story about how someone in their family had one or some Chevy guy coming up to you to say, "I am a chevy guy and hate Fords but if I had to own one it would be that Bronco."

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Landshark,

Your 76 in one of my top five builds on this site. You have done a great job and best of all it well documented.:cool::cool: I really enjoy looking at your Bronco. Some day I hope to see it in person, being I just live one state east of you. I hope to attend some events your way when I get the reliability of my 76 to point I'm comfortable driving it longer distances.

As for your tire carrier. Have you seen the one that Tom build on this build?
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207986&page=10

It gives the truck a stock look and I'm sure a lot less rattles. I'm using it as inspiration for a similar design for my 76. I'm in the early design stage now.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Landshark,

Your 76 in one of my top five builds on this site. You have done a great job and best of all it well documented.:cool::cool: I really enjoy looking at your Bronco. Some day I hope to see it in person, being I just live one state east of you. I hope to attend some events your way when I get the reliability of my 76 to point I'm comfortable driving it longer distances.

As for your tire carrier. Have you seen the one that Tom build on this build?
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207986&page=10

It gives the truck a stock look and I'm sure a lot less rattles. I'm using it as inspiration for a similar design for my 76. I'm in the early design stage now.

Ah thanks for the link.. that is an interesting solution... I will take a hard look at that!

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Really looks good, you have done a nice job on that Bronco. Keep us posted, I like seeing the updates

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
A quick update. Moved the slider windows from the 69 hard top which I'll never use again to the 76. Also installed matching tinted lift gate window and Finally installed the spare tire carrier. Next up is to finish the seat recover and stereo install. Then ?????

9b72b2a5d7a9254010fc69c2f1d23295.jpg

449c6080dcae1d22baf671a5fc8237c7.jpg

c0c84d52cd1217c1a81a2b9c53ce44ad.jpg

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I can't believe I missed this build. Beautiful Bronco and what a great job! Congrats!

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
I agree....:: this is one of my top three most favorite builds. Perfect amount of modification yet, staying true to the original bronco

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Wow don't know how I missed this one too but its amazing! Love the color, the stance, well just about every thing! It is an inspiration for my up coming 77build!

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
You guys reminded me.. time for an update.

Finally recovered some seats in the exact OEM material, came out very nice will be swapping them in the next few weeks.

IMG_1995.JPG

IMG_1992.JPG

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Hey it's been a while

Finally mounted the 31" tires on my 76 today that I had wanted all along for this build. The 30's will be mounted to stock rims on my 72 in a few weeks.

I think it looks damn good. Now I need to re gear the axles!

dc33cc747a50c46476f6bdbdb8220b63.jpg

5deb0dc2bea287ae280d08dcfb078bf9.jpg

Unknown

Contributor
Looks Great! What an achievement, you should pat yourself on the back.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Finally finished the interior. Got the seats recovered in original vinyl and houndstooth. Added Tuffy console, nice head unit, kick panel speaker enclosures, rear cans and used my old sub box with amp.

I struggled with the rear speaker placement and compromised with the cans. Didn't want to cut holes or have an ugly square box with a speaker in it back there. I can live with the cans for now as they are out of the way. I did dynomat the inside of them it helped the sound tremendously.

Had the arm rest covered in the same 76 vinyl as my seats. Had to buy over a yard of it and it was expensive but think it was worth it.

a21b84ae5d3cf9556a2843bc3d3c0f0c.jpg

b53723406d10906981b963cad09564c3.jpg

f7bc35b976cb7a1ccd3507be417c6966.jpg

Pre planning all my wires and making a sub frame for the console was worth it. I was able to position the console exactly where I wanted.

Now if Colorado would drop the emissions requirements for 76 vehicles I could install a/c and be a happier camper