• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hurrican IRMA

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like my stepson's home area is going to be toast..Marathon is taking the worst of it right on the chin.

Talked a bit ago to one of my closest friends that has a nice waterfront home on the shore facing Honeymoon Island. He had just left with the last load of stuff he could fit in the car....he figures the house is going to be destroyed if the winds do remain Cat 3. He would know..he's been in the construction business his whole adult life. Nearing retirement age, he and his wife had only recently decided to put the place up for sale and downsize to a condo or similar. :(

djhudson05

Been watching this thing all week. Hope everyone down there is safe and makes it out of that storm ok.

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
This is my 10yr old 2nd hurricane. Last one we evac to lakeland.. this time we stayed put.. thankfully. I have been taking him out to the porch every so often to see what the storm is doing so he knows what going on. He has been a bit anxious for good reason but part is lack if knowledge and experience.. seems to help calm him a bit..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
This is my 10yr old 2nd hurricane. Last one we evac to lakeland.. this time we stayed put.. thankfully. I have been taking him out to the porch every so often to see what the storm is doing so he knows what going on. He has been a bit anxious for good reason but part is lack if knowledge and experience.. seems to help calm him a bit..

Doing the same with my 12 year old daughter....

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru

At least he has the good sense to respect the power of a storm. My ignorant neighbor's kids are out riding their four wheelers while the feeder bands pass through. Granted it's not bad yet, but........more proof the apples don't fall far from the tree.....idiots.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
At least he has the good sense to respect the power of a storm. My ignorant neighbor's kids are out riding their four wheelers while the feeder bands pass through. Granted it's not bad yet, but........more proof the apples don't fall far from the tree.....idiots.

Probably over-inflated the tires so they'd float if needed :eek:%)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Oh I bet so... I got a former military buddy that's in the Lakeland area...

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Oh shit...
It shifted east.
Eye coming right through us!

I live in west Orange.
Looks like the eye is coming right up the line between Lake and Orange counties.

thirdtime

Contributor
All utilities out, wind is starting to crank. It's show time!

RPM289

Praying for all in the path to be safe and God protection over everyone! We will get it tomorrow and Tuesday here in AL

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't even imagine...

Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

thirdtime

Contributor
Winds are really starting to pick up. Damn dog is snoring through a hurricane.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
In the thick of it right now.

Can't believe the trees around us are holding out.

Frogs are croaking crazy loud too.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Hoping everyone is okay down there. My mother in law lost power last night but was okay as of midnight, which is when it was supposed to be near her area (St. Pete)

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
We are okay.

Wind is still howling real hard.

Enormous amount of clean up. But it would have been worse if he hadn't prepared.