• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hurrican IRMA

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I think you and Franko should come to OCBR early;)
that is one big storm:cry:, I sure do wish you all the best

sorry ...my trailer is full ! 100k of trusses ......... if Irma doesn't make the north turn soon and takes direct line to Naples and up FL west coast, I might fire by the dually ( Nancy) tomorrow and drive the load east ...into my buddies new semi truck garage that I engineered this year for up to 180mph wind !

Attachments

• 20170907_143527.jpg
    20170907_143527.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20170907_114641.jpg
    20170907_114641.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 75
  • 20170902_110102.jpg
    20170902_110102.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20170902_110118.jpg
    20170902_110118.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20170902_110134.jpg
    20170902_110134.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20170902_124335.jpg
    20170902_124335.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20170907-222646.jpg
    Screenshot_20170907-222646.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20170907-222655.jpg
    Screenshot_20170907-222655.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 68

BCH BRCO

Well guys I'm sitting in my condo here at Catawba Island, Oh on Lake Erie at 4:00am watching the weather channel and thinking about my '74 Bronco setting in my town home garage in Jupiter, Fl. My elevation of my town home first floor is 8' above mean high tide (same for the garage floor). I believe my best chances are if Irma goes straight up the middle of Florida to minimize the tidal surge up the Jupiter inlet. When Wilma hit Jupiter in October of 2005 we had winds estimated at about 120mph and had no building damage and very little tidal surge as the storm traveled south to north from Miami/Naples area.
Can anyone offer up a check/to do list as a procedure to follow if the Bronco were to get submerged in a tidal surge? Such things as drain oil, pull spark plugs and put kerosine in cylinders. How to flush transmission, transfer case, axles?
Well here's hoping our concrete tile roof (new reroof in 2014) stays intact and the impact windows and doors (new in 2015) hold the fort together. I should know late Sunday afternoon provided I can communicate with two neighbors who are hunkering down and planning to ride it out. Say a prayer for all in South Fla!
Bernie

romegadave

Supposed to drive to Atlanta on Monday but computer model has Irma headed up Florida to
Atlanta. Maybe by Tuesday it'll be rain only.

Hope all in her path are somewhere safe.

Looks like 3-6" of rain and 60 mph wind for Rome---tying down the trampoline and yard furniture---not even close as bad as some but I worry about my trees around here---gassing up the chainsaw this pm

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
sorry ...my trailer is full ! 100k of trusses ......... if Irma doesn't make the north turn soon and takes direct line to Naples and up FL west coast, I might fire by the dually ( Nancy) tomorrow and drive the load east ...into my buddies new semi truck garage that I engineered this year for up to 180mph wind !

Hoping and praying for y'all man....

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Why the hell would they fly people IN to an evacuation zone?!?

Oh yeah, because if they flew empty planes into an evacuation area to fly people out, they would lose money. %)

But I'm sure Delta/American/United will each donate $25,000 to the relief effort

LOL, you know they will...

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Trying to wrap my mind around this thing. My stupid in-laws who have never been through a hurricane think they are prepared with a stocked fridge and someone in their neighborhood with a generator (who wants to throw a hurricane party). Fortunately they are in the middle of the state (The Villages) but things do not look good for anyone. All their geriatric friends have talked themselves into some belief that its just going to be some local flooding. Fools....... :mad:

bax

Old Member
I almost got my house boarded up. Still got 3 more to do. My Moms, Pam's Dad, and a cousin. ` My 300 pound nephews live / freeload off my mom. They say they dont want to board up and cant find any tools. My dad had more tools that GOD in his shop. To lazy to open a door and look I guess. It does look like Franko will have it worse that I. Really worried about Lowbush, he stayed in ramrod key. Button up good Kenton!!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Trying to wrap my mind around this thing. My stupid in-laws who have never been through a hurricane think they are prepared with a stocked fridge and someone in their neighborhood with a generator (who wants to throw a hurricane party). Fortunately they are in the middle of the state (The Villages) but things do not look good for anyone. All their geriatric friends have talked themselves into some belief that its just going to be some local flooding. Fools....... :mad:

Oh lord.. Let's hope they are truly prepared....

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

Maybe their geriatric friends are wise to the ways of FL and hurricanes? :)

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
My sister and her husband are in Homestead, south of Miami, and had to work. She is a nurse and he is in the Air Force. It's too late for them to get out with the fuel shortage and congested roads so they are going to buckle down. She had to search for rationed fuel and went back to the store to pick up a few more canned items today and whiskey. He has the house secured. They have 3 neighbors who are staying so they have walkie talkies and are going to rely on each other during the storm and aftermath. The power company is going to shut down electricity pre-storm. She has been posting pics on social media and will keep us posted.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
^^^ WHAT HE SAID ^^^ did I do all I can YES ...do I feel safe NO ! Its to late now for plans A/B/C/D ...only 2 option left ...only one I feel safe and in full control !

must love multi level reinforced all concert structures ... :p

edones06

Bax and franko yall stay safe and be carefull. I know im a long ways away but ill help yall with what ever i can! Bax ill evan pick up your driveshafts for ya!

AndyT

Well I'm right under the red line for the track. I hope it keeps shifting. But even then, I'll be on the worse side. Not only that, I have to work through it. When the winds reach 45 we are getting called in and then will go back out when they subside for damage assessment. Hunker down fellas. Shits gonna get real around here.

FNG

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
father in law is staying in boca, 2 story stucco house, surrounded by holding ponds. We are fairly well buttoned up here in tally. Praying for you guys down south.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
yeah ... boca / south east coast is good spot to be now .... well better then cape coral

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Brother in law made it to St. Pete. Now it's not looking so good for that area either.

thirdtime

Contributor
Put moms shutters up yesterday. Going to start putting mine up this morning. Looks like we're going to get a good smack based on this mornings model.

bax

Old Member
With More western shift the track is getting better for the eastern coast. Better for me. Franko got told to leave his spot he liked. I am thinking he is headed for Boca Raton either last night or this morning. Looks like Cuba is helping Florida out right now, knocking the storm down some. So looks like the west coast of florida is the path. You guys over there try and keep safe.