• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hurrican IRMA

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm glad to hear that my Florida Bronco Brothers made it through OK. We really dodged it here in Tally. No major damage at home or work and my power came back on this morning around 8:00am. :cool:

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Anyone heard from Bax? Brevard was hit pretty hard.

She was a nasty one here in Kissimmee/St. Cloud. House if great, never lost power. Several trees down. Work is a different story, 2 barns destroyed, roof on my office pealed back a bit, trees down. Spent the morning getting trees moved so we can function tomorrow.

My Cousins house here in Kissimmee,They live right on Shingle Creek and it is over the banks and rising, up 6 inches from yesterday, All the water from Orange County flows thru there.

2s9xfyh.png

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I saw Franko is ok, that's good. I wonder how his neighbors pontoon faired through it. I hope it didn't turn into a kite and go through someone's house!

bax

Old Member
I saw Franko is ok, that's good. I wonder how his neighbors pontoon faired through it. I hope it didn't turn into a kite and go through someone's house!

franko Chained it to a light pole. never got to use it. Storm serge was not that bad.

bax

Old Member
Rev. I am good. Loads of fun. Boarded up 3 houses, did some pre clean up. We were ready. Storm moved inland and we go lots of rain and some 90 MPH winds. My house did good. Lost power at midnight just as the storm was getting good. It's always at night, never a daytime storm. I sat on the porch both front and back and watched the trees all around me get blown up. Lots of tree damage. I have a few I am just going to cut down. Broke the main trunk in 2 of them. My favorite pecan tree is hurt bad. I raised it from a puppy and it really put out the nuts. The water oaks are broken but can be trimmed up and the live oaks are in great shape. I got a mess to clean up in the yard. had to un board the 3 houses, put all the wood away. Start the chain saw up and start cutting up the big stuff. Got the generator hooked up and put the window A/C in our bedroom. All ready for a good cool night, dog tired. 10PM the power comes on and I have to get up and go put the generator stuff away. All good. Water was never an issue. We got lots of it but I have one of the highest pieces of property in the area. Would of needed 1' to get in the shop and 2 more to get in the house. went in to work today. Called 9 guys in to help clean up that mess. blew out 2 walls and tore up some overhangs. We cleaned up and re framed the 2 walls. Still need to sheet them but there is no plywood or metal roofing to be found. Power came on at 4pm at work as we were leaving. Now my very tired ass is in the chair watching TV. My wife tells me to get on CB, "some are asking about you". So here I am. All good. Thanks for thinking about us down here. Hope all is good with everyone involved. We are all blessed.

Bax. Sept 12 2017. Still kicking it, just not as hard.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Power went off Saturday night, came back on Sun am - went off for good Sun at 4pm. Still no power or running water as my well pump is of course, electric. Currently 86 degrees in the house at 11:30 pm. Minimal damage to the property, spent last 2 days cleaning up branches and trees. So fortunate this didn't turn out to be the Cat 4/5 that was headed for us. Really dodged a huge bullet on that one. Just another day in paradise.....

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
great to hear bax.

We didn't get much in Tally. Lost power for 18 hours, ran the generator for 15 of them. Got nearly everything cleaned up yesterday.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Garage flooded, but nothing in the house.
No electricity, but we were out nearly a week after Matthew last year, so I'm not exactly sure it's coming back soon.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

he ensured Jella of getting her coffee Sent me pic of keurig hooked up to generator haha

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Hey guys ...
I am quick on the east coast today ... Power and AC niceeeee !

we are OK .... considering who bad others have it I am NOT going to complain about my damages to home and shop !

Just get us Electric, AC, building martials and lots of Time .... we get it fixed !

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hey guys ...
I am quick on the east coast today ... Power and AC niceeeee !

we are OK .... considering who bad others have it I am NOT going to complain about my damages to home and shop !

Just get us Electric, AC, building martials and lots of Time .... we get it fixed !

And of course that keurig,... keep that thing going brother..

thirdtime

Contributor
Good to hear third time...we were lucky 2 hours south of you...have had worse with other canes. Just up in crystal river last weekend scalloping...love that area. Claw Daddys cooked up our scallop catch and it was soooo good. Maybe next season will ping you ahead of time and meet up.

Cortez, sorry for the slow reply, no service yet so everything is off the phone which I hate. Definitely hit me up next season, I always scout ahead and have numbers prior to season!

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
AND ...the next 2 ... Maria and Lee ..

Attachments

• IMG_8998.jpg
    IMG_8998.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9026.jpg
    IMG_9026.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9053.jpg