• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bones get together/mini wired and tired

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Look forward to seeing the "garagemahal"

Miker

Bronco Guru
Might be able to make it for a short bit today. Have a Boy Scout function this evening to attend that has some drive time to get to it.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Plan to get there as soon s I can. Supposed to go look at a car with my boy right after noon but as of yet I have not heard back from the seller.

piack

Loc.
Sanford, Maine
Not going to make it. Firebird y-pipe/Cat on dtr #1's car today. Broken bolts at exhaust flanges makes short job into long job.

Have fun!

Paul

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
e2ezuryp.jpg
ure5esab.jpg
So my 1:45 turned into 3:30 and I got my walking in for the day...drove over an hour at highway speed...got off the highway, went over the bridge and my remote oil pressure line blew at idle. Started smelling oil and noticed my oil pressure was down to zero, so I pulled over onto a side street and white smoke billowed from the hood. I shut the engine down and walked around to the front of the truck to see about a quart and a half of oil dripping from underneath the engine...after a mile walk with the dog I found an Advanced Auto parts, bought the stuff I needed including some tools, went back to the truck to install the parts and was on my way.
the engine pissed out 4 quarts of oil in that small portion of driving. I couldn't imagine what would have happened if I'd had this happen on the highway...

It was good to reconnect with familiar faces and put names to new ones. I'll host one soon.

Last edited:

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
e2ezuryp.jpg
ure5esab.jpg
So my 1:45 turned into 3:30 and I got my walking in for the day...drove over an hour at highway speed...got off the highway, went over the bridge and my remote oil pressure line blew at idle. Started smelling oil and noticed my oil pressure was down to zero, so I pulled over onto a side street and white smoke billowed from the hood. I shut the engine down and walked around to the front of the truck to see about a quart and a half of oil dripping from underneath the engine...after a mile walk with the dog I found an Advanced Auto parts, bought the stuff I needed including some tools, went back to the truck to install the parts and was on my way.
the engine pissed out 4 quarts of oil in that small portion of driving. I couldn't imagine what would have happened if I'd had this happen on the highway...

It was good to reconnect with familiar faces and put names to new ones. I'll host one soon.

I hope you hit some dirt roads after that to atleast get a cheap undercoat! Glad you made it, was good seeing you again.

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you are a good roadside mechanic! Had a great time and was good to see some progress made....who's got next?
body detached from the frame and a few things unbolted....hopefully a jump start for Dave....need two trophy winners in THAT garage! thanks for the food and the hospitality!

Attachments

• dave's garage 023.jpg
    dave's garage 023.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 45
  • dave's garage 024.jpg
    dave's garage 024.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 44
  • dave's garage 025.jpg
    dave's garage 025.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 43
  • dave's garage 026.jpg
    dave's garage 026.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 46
  • dave's garage 019.jpg
    dave's garage 019.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 43
  • dave's garage 020.jpg
    dave's garage 020.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 42
  • dave's garage 021.jpg
    dave's garage 021.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 42
  • dave's garage 022.jpg
    dave's garage 022.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 42
  • dave's garage 027.jpg
    dave's garage 027.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 44
  • dave's garage 028.jpg
    dave's garage 028.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 41
  • dave's garage 029.jpg
    dave's garage 029.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 43
  • dave's garage 031.jpg
    dave's garage 031.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kudo's go out to all the BONES brothers for attending, It helped me immensely with the teardown and lit a motivation fire under my ass. Was great to see all of you again and was nice to meet another.

Tasker headed the teardown effort as well as camera duty. Love the pics especially the last one...Were do you find that sh*t?

Steve, we would have come get you if needed. Glad you got her back up quickly. Appreciate the long trip you and Moose made just to attend.

Again, thanks so much for all of your help, conversation and friendship. Hope we can do it again soon.

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
me too! that was in Hudson? Alvirne high maybe? will take a pic with the BONES crew in front of it when the weather gets good......give a call anytime you need a hand. that goes out to all the BONES guys as well....now keep posting progress!

bronco1017

I really like the idea of Bronco brothers helping out Bronco brothers. The only issue I have is that I have NO mechanical ability.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I really like the idea of Bronco brothers helping out Bronco brothers. The only issue I have is that I have NO mechanical ability.

Only way to learn then! plus you get to drink someone elses beer! Better yet we can come to your place next and you can learn and we can drink your beer! ;D

MR-CYN

Loc.
NH
Thanks for the beer and hospitality Dave. It was Great to finally meet some bones brothers. Maybe we can do one at my place when the weather warms up here soon. There won't really be anything to wrench on but I can have plenty of beer and bbq. :D

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
A few upgrades can be done in little time with many hands. This whole concept was borrowed from MEB's wrench and roast. It's a great idea nd a good time with people you may not spend time with otherwise ;D

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the beer and hospitality Dave. It was Great to finally meet some bones brothers. Maybe we can do one at my place when the weather warms up here soon. There won't really be anything to wrench on but I can have plenty of beer and bbq. :D

Hey no problem. Glad to get all of us together and was nice meeting you.
Look forward to the next meet wherever it maybe.