• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Value of sheet of steel?

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
All,

$$ is a bit tight this month. I have this nice big sheet (4' by 5.5') of 1/4" steel & am finished with my restoration. I am thinking of selling it, but have no clue on its value!

Easiest way for me would be the salvage yard & they pay by weight. But I would rather see it go to someone who needs the steel for fabrication.

Any ideas? Offers?

Thanks!

MnkyBiz

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
You can give these guys a call, It's where I get my rollbar/bumper tubing. I'm not sure if they carry sheet steel, but if they don't they may be able to give you a contact to call. I'd just ask them how much it would be for a sheet of similar size.

Boyer Steel Inc.
19640 Charleston Ave.
Detroit, MI 48203
1-800-280-8167

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Full sheet of plate is selling around .50 to .55 per pound. You have 225#. Because it is not a full plate it would probably sell as generic so figure around .25 to .35 per pound. Now you just need to find someone close to you that needs it. Shipping would kill you.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i want it! i'm looking to make a new light duty welding table /beater bench.
it's a bit thinner than i was planning on, but hey if the price is right..
let me know
nick