• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What do you think the value is of this 72 bronco

SimonfromCanada

What do you guys think this 1972 bronco is worth in $USD? I’m thinking of picking it up for a restoration project.

Contributor
I don’t think the listing price is out of the realm of possibilities… it’s not a great deal but I’ve definitely seen worse deals.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I can't even imagine the amount of work involved. I'd say start at the value of a frame, title, and glove box and build value up from there.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Rust rust rust rust rust rust!!! I see lots of broken off bolts, busted knuckles, cursing, tons of PB blaster, and a bunch of the hot wrench to even get that project started. If you like to do metal work and the drive train is in ok shape I would still say its still a little over priced. You could pull the body and find the frame is rusted beyond repair. I have seen people start with worse and make a beautiful rig but you have to really want it and have the skills to turn rust into something solid!

lskeeney

Also, I understand that the frame is often bent when used as a plow vehicle.

don k

Contributor
A person buys it for the $9K. Takes it to get worked on just to make it a respectable driver. Nothing super fancy. Average paint job and original type engine, trans and transfer case. What's it going to cost him at an average type of shop? I have done a 1958 Ford F100. Working on a 1967 Mustang and now a 1971 Bronco. So I semi know what it takes to just get something to the driver stage. It is amazing the hours even fixing what you originally thought was a piece of cake takes.

Torkman66

Contributor
Hard pass. Yes, these things are crazy expensive, but trust me, rust is like cancer and that one is likely stage 4. Spend another 5 k and find something without so much rust. I think the best find these days are a solid frame and title with a reparable body ( floors and rockers maybe). No drive train needed. Buy a crate 302 and tranny and new interior. However, even if you find one that has minimal rust ( floors and rockers only) you will still have 50 k in it and that’s if you do all the work.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
I paid a touch more for one in worse condition in BC. I knew going in I was paying a premium. But the other Broncos that were for sale around me were 4x the price and were only better in that I could’ve salvaged some more body parts. If it has a clear title and you’re willing to put in the work you can make something really nice out of it. If you’re planning on dropping off at a shop to do the work I hope you have a big chequebook.