• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Project Value

dvsmith

Contributor
I have a 1971 Bronco that I must get rid of due to a pending divorce. Clean title, but bought this a few years back to build with my son when he got a little older and it is basically a shell. everything is there besides the steering column, fuel pump, one of the hard top side glass panels and some other minor pieces. Would definitely be a restoration project or a parts car. The seats are only frames. 302 with a hard top. Rocker, striker posts and front floor pan need to be replaced. Have new floor pans and two of the posts. Body is not in the best of shape - rust on lower tailgate, one door is a bit bunged up around the hinges and one fender has a dent. Have the glovebox door with relevant ID info. Just wanting to get a feel for what I could ask for this. I realize it is not worth a lot in the state that it is in, but with the value of these things now, I don't want to short change myself either. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
PICS? documentation? parts with it? all factors

OP
OP
D

dvsmith

Contributor
Gotta dig all the crap away from it this weekend and get it out of the garage for pics. Not sure what you mean by documentation. Have the title and the glove box door.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
in my day that would be a 1500 dollar bronco could probably get 5,000 now put it back together complete but not running maybe 10,000 to the right guy and rust isnt too noticeable. 15,000 running and drive able. just my opinion your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Actually Magnolia, just North of Houston
Got it. You are a bit further north than me. You should be able to sell it no problem. Posting pictures here will give you better input. In 2017 I bought a 1973 in Houston in pieces, but with some new replacement parts the seller had bought. It was a 302, C4, power steering, Dana 44, etc. truck with TX title that matched frame, glovebox and B pillar. Pics are in the linked thread below. I paid $3,500 for that Bronco and sold $4,700 worth of parts off of it. I'm still rebuilding the Bronco but I have left from it what I wanted. Frame, tub, doors, front fenders, Dana 44, 9". Again pictures will help with estimating value, but I would guess you can get at least $5K out of it.

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/another-what-is-this-bronco-worth.275573/

stretch

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
Hey I’m right up the road from you in Montgomery, just north of Wood Forest. If you would like I could come by and take a look. I’m not interested in buying it, but maybe help you put a dollar value to it. Shoot me a Pm if you’re interested.

getjad

Loc.
Tulsa, Ok
I'm good for 5k. It's 2-4 yr build for most guys to get it back in shape, assuming it needs the usual stuff. Auto or manual?
512-417-1826

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
"...wanting to get a feel for what I could ask..."
pretty tough to peg an exact price.

Auction v not, net sales v not, (combo?), Urban/rural sale, national?, part of country, dealer v private, move away from stock (as they reach 'classic car status' they are beginning to B worth more closer to stock, like rest of market), added components AND quality of addition, time of yr for sale, seller personality, and unknowables (cept till hammer's down) like seller motivation/buyer's motivation.

But it is getting easier to estimate a consistent 'range' as so many cross to new owners. Ur not in the range as it's not finished (so even harder to judge). We usually compare it to 'other similar sales" just likea house. "What did a sim house in same/sim neighborhood go for?" (w/least amount of time gone by since that sale)~