• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOWEGA Spring 2016

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Check this out guys and gals.....Saturday night after wheeling Kerri felt some pain in her right side like strained muscles. We did get jostled around a bit, especially her, in the rocks by the bridge. That pain went on for a week and we started to wonder what was up. Yesterday morning when she bends over to tie her shoes she felt something pop. Pain was bad after that. Go to the emergency room this morning...broken rib! Doc says it was fractured and it ended up braking off when she tied her shoes.

She is a trooper though....all she said was we are getting better seating and/or a harness for next year! I say bigger lift and tires to cushion the blows. :)
Damn man, just read this, hope she is feeling better by now. Yall just using a lap belt??

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Thanks. No, I installed 3 points before the trip just for the extra stability.

From your thread....On a side note, I know it's a ride but if you need your door frames welded I'm more than happy to oblige.

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Thanks. No, I installed 3 points before the trip just for the extra stability.

From your thread....On a side note, I know it's a ride but if you need your door frames welded I'm more than happy to oblige.

Your talking about my cracked welds on the driver side?? You can do that?? I might take you up on that, would like to see your new ride anyway. Putting on a new winch this weekend was going to send you some pics with it and the new bumpers. Getting a roll cage next week and need a welder, are you up to that task??

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Yes, sounds like fun. Should be no problem knocking out he cage and window frames. Can't wait to see the transformation.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I installed my new Chromoly Axles from Toms Bronco Parts yesterday.

Turns out that not only the U-joint broke but the inner axle snapped right at the splines too. I got the broken part out no problem and the new axles went right in. Now I'm ready for another trail ride so I can see what I can break next. ;)

Attachments

• 2016-02-18 15.38.22.jpg
    2016-02-18 15.38.22.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 2016-02-18 15.39.03.jpg
    2016-02-18 15.39.03.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 2016-02-18 15.39.16.jpg
    2016-02-18 15.39.16.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 2016-02-18 15.40.00.jpg
    2016-02-18 15.40.00.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 31

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I spoke with Toms about that but they say with the full circle clips it isn't necessary.

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well. I got mine torn apart. It had a little oil leak in the front and had to take the radiator and such out to fix it. Turns out someone did not put the oil pan seal in the front that is located between the timing cover and oil pan so I get to drop the oil pan. I am just glad we did not go through any really deep water.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well. I got mine torn apart. It had a little oil leak in the front and had to take the radiator and such out to fix it. Turns out someone did not put the oil pan seal in the front that is located between the timing cover and oil pan so I get to drop the oil pan. I am just glad we did not go through any really deep water.

How did they forget that!?! I bet you just blew it out when you went up that muddy hill at 6 grand, Lane!;D;D

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure how you forget that! It was leaking before the hill climb and I made it to the top isn't that what counts?

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Lane, what cam you got in that? Sounded perfect, and definitely had the RPM for the hill!

That missing seal was just a lower PCV. Very rare!

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
It is a Ford Racing E303 cam.

I have wondered about E in a Bronco. I had a brand new one I was tempted to put in Kerri's Bronco, but ended up selling it. I have to quit selling parts! Now I wish I had her old steering wheel and horn and some drive shafts and J shift cases I got rid of.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You should never get rid of Bronco Parts, you just never know when you may need em. ;)

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got the pan off. It was a one piece gasket. Someone had removed the timing cover and when they reinstalled it they pushed the cover part of the seal back and it was on the inside of the pan. Put new gasket on and installed pan.

Now I am swapping the headers as the hookers were not welded properly and it will not seal. It blew an exhaust gasket after only about 10 miles of driving. Therefore summit is swapping them out for Hedmans, and then off to the exhaust shop again.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Organizing my pics and I just noticed all 12 Broncos are in this pic!

Attachments

• 2016-02-06 15.30.57.jpg
    2016-02-06 15.30.57.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 33