• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sowega 2017 has been canceled do to flooding and tornado

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do we need to bring lunch or is there somewhere to get it ?

We usually get lunch out....Several places near the river ride....or the sand either... Sometimes we split up because of space limitations (Parking)

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Doesn't look like I will make it this year. You guys get to tug someone else around.

Anything we could do to help get you there? Looks like a rainy weekend this weekend. I'm pretty good help if if you need any!

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Anything we could do to help get you there? Looks like a rainy weekend this weekend. I'm pretty good help if if you need any!

I really appreciate the offer. Got a lot of things going on right now. I'm going to stick the freshly rebuilt valve body on this weekend and see if takes care of the problem. If that doesn't do it then the tranny will have to come back out.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I really appreciate the offer. Got a lot of things going on right now. I'm going to stick the freshly rebuilt valve body on this weekend and see if takes care of the problem. If that doesn't do it then the tranny will have to come back out.

Let us know how it goes and good luck.

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Well, I had to use my "led headlight" money to buy a load helper airbag system for my lowered truck. Been wanting one for a while just never had a reason to pull the trigger...but I will feel better on the ride up there and not have to worry about bottoming out....

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Did I say I was ready? I'm not loaded on the trailer or anything but I am still ready.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Did I say I was ready? I'm not loaded on the trailer or anything but I am still ready.

Rub it in, Rub it in!

My dumb butt decided it was a good weekend to start working on the passenger window frame. P.O. goober welded them to the door at the same time that I'm sure they were remedying cracks. Sad thing is it's a 68 with removable frames! I was just gonna clean it up and re-weld much nicer, but that's not my nature....so I've cut them loose and repairing every thing to look factory again with removable frames.

At least I'm smart enough to know better than start the driver door before the trip!

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Rub it in, Rub it in!

My dumb butt decided it was a good weekend to start working on the passenger window frame. P.O. goober welded them to the door at the same time that I'm sure they were remedying cracks. Sad thing is it's a 68 with removable frames! I was just gonna clean it up and re-weld much nicer, but that's not my nature....so I've cut them loose and repairing every thing to look factory again with removable frames.

At least I'm smart enough to know better than start the driver door before the trip!
So that's the one your taking??? Don't think I've seen it yet.. One of these days Im going to show up at your house with some beer/whiskey and have you weld stuff....=)

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Just got a tree on the house so I'm definitely not going to make the trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Mark, it's my orange one you saw last time you were here. Always tinkering with stuff. You know how it is! You know I'm game to weld stuff. I have started designing me a shop/office. :)

Bbow, sorry to hear that. :( Winds have been strong here too, but no damage....thankfully!

OP
OP
ford man

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Well 2017 has been a little rough on us here in sowega .We had a tornado day after new years. A lot of tree down on the trails and river was flooding from rain. The river had gone down but this weekend we had another round of storm's and another pretty bad tornado in Albany so I am sure more trees and flooding. I hope we can still do the ride I plan to try to get a better idea this week and weekend and will let all know. Hope every one in the area is ok sorry to here about your house Bbow .We have not had any damage at our place in Leesburg but Albany has had it bad. I know others around the area have had bad storms too. I will update next Sunday thanks Brian

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I'm out this year fellas unless something miraculous happens with my work schedule. Looking forward to seeing the pictures though.

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just got a tree on the house so I'm definitely not going to make the trip.

Sorry to hear that, I hope everyone is ok.

I still got mine tore down and putting a new rear end in it. I plan to get it back together this week so I can break it in the end of the week and weekend before the ride.