• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scary death wobble - caused by bump steer?

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
How much pressure are you running in the tires? Also, the drag link angle and track bar are close but I still prefer less angle myself for better at speed handling and still recommend a drop track bar bracket along with a drop pitman arm. With shimmy, your tire pressure could be a big factor. We have found that most broncos like about 28psi. This is something that is very noticeable in 1 pound increments so you may have to do a little experimenting. The fact you are running old K Bar S springs is cool but my back aches thinking about it. I would upgrade to a set of Duffs or Wild Horses, anything is better than those old single stage springs to be honest. Refresh my memory on what you are running for shocks? Our best most comfortable on road rise has been with Duff springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks.

OP
OP
N

NATEandALLI

We're running 5100 Billy's. Just ordered 7 deg caster shims and an adjustable drag link. I aired the tires down some the last time we tested but after checking another vehicles tires with the tire pressure gauge I used, I think the gauge is way off (wasn't mine).

We'll see where the caster shims get us. Things already feel much better after going through everything. I'm thinking the new caster shims will help a lot. If it still wiggles and wobbles after that then we'll try dropping the track bar and drag link.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Are the tires new? I has some issues with my 33's when new. After a month or two they got better and better till now it drives like it did with the old tires.......

Not saying tires need to "break in" but mine sure seemed to need it. I've even been able to increase my air pressure from 28 to 30 and she drives nice were 30 psi new was all over the road.

Tim