• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got Whitewalls. New tires

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Old School,

Nice. I think for as clean as your rig is, it would look more complete with wheel covers. Not sure what they were called, but the full metal caps with the ribs and colors that radiate out from the center would look just right on there. Otherwise, with no caps, it looks like those are your "winter" wheels and you are just waiting for the snow to go away so you can put the "good" wheels back on.

Tom's has them under part # 1630/1635.

OP
OP
Old School

Old School

Loc.
AZ
Off topic but,Is the sunroof original to your truck?

No, it's a sawzall/pepboys/3 tubes of silicone job.

I am trying to decide about patching it or getting a new top.
A new headliner and a 1.5 inch lift can hide a roof scar pretty well

Hubcaps: I'm torn.

I have a nice set, but have always loved plain steelies. Especially with a fresh coat of paint.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
No, it's a sawzall/pepboys/3 tubes of silicone job.

Hubcaps: I'm torn.

I have a nice set, but have always loved plain steelies. Especially with a fresh coat of paint.

Another low-key option is a set of brushed metal trim rings for the wheels, along with some chrome lug nuts. It keeps the look of the steelies with just a touch of sparkle.

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
Another low-key option is a set of brushed metal trim rings for the wheels, along with some chrome lug nuts. It keeps the look of the steelies with just a touch of sparkle.

Definitely! Blasted and painted my steelies silver last week. My sport came stock with the trim rings so I just ordered a set. I also went with chrome hub covers, false chrome hubs for the back and chrome lugs, I think its gonna look great.

BTW Old School, do you have the paint code for that "Vista Orange"? Mine was that color. Ive been looking for a code and yours looks dead on factory.

OP
OP
Old School

Old School

Loc.
AZ
BTW Old School, do you have the paint code for that "Vista Orange"? Mine was that color. Ive been looking for a code and yours looks dead on factory.

It was originally Vista Orange, but had been repainted at sometime in another shade of orange.
I really don't know what color it actually is. Rut, it's REALLY orange.

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
It was originally Vista Orange, but had been repainted at sometime in another shade of orange.
I really don't know what color it actually is. Rut, it's REALLY orange.

Well I think it looks SUPER 70s. Thanks anyway, I'll see if a body shop can find it or match Vista.

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
Those do look cool, and would be perfect for an early, EB restoration but at $199 each--yikes!

I got em for $100 ea + shipping. Havent ran on them yet (obviously) still working on her. They dont come in WW though.

Attachments

• trs1.jpg
    trs1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 65
  • trs2.jpg
    trs2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 55

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
In the relatively short time since the original post, looks like those tires have become non-existent.

Clicked on the link provided for tirebuyer.com, and those tires aren't there. Checked the Kelly website, and there's no listing for them.

Also did an internet search for "Kelly Wintermark" and they seem to have been discontinued. The few listings that came up showed them as blackwalls.

:(

OP
OP
Old School

Old School

Loc.
AZ
In the relatively short time since the original post, looks like those tires have become non-existent.

Clicked on the link provided for tirebuyer.com, and those tires aren't there. Checked the Kelly website, and there's no listing for them.

Also did an internet search for "Kelly Wintermark" and they seem to have been discontinued. The few listings that came up showed them as blackwalls.

:(

Sadly, that is correct.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
Sadly, that is correct.

Got a confirmation today from Goodyear (parent of the Kelly brand), that the tire is obsolete:

Unfortunately, this tire is no longer manufactured by Goodyear and all existing inventory has been depleted.

Goodyear would be unaware of any remaining inventory that may exist in any specific retailers inventory.