• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got Whitewalls. New tires

Old School

Loc.
AZ
I've been looking for some old fashioned whitewall truck tires like the ones my dad had put on our family's 67 Bronco back in the 1970's.

I found these at www.tirebuyer.com for $83 each with free delivery.

whitewalltread.jpg

whitewallside2.jpg

They are Kelly Wintermark in 235/75-15

Update: They are finally on:

Bronco77snowtires005.jpg

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I bet they will look good on there.. Definitely Old Skool ;)

OP
OP
Old School

Old School

Loc.
AZ
They do look like the ones my dad bought in '73.

Still trying to decide if I want to run wheelcovers or not.

I'm not being a salesman (just a happy customer) but tirebuyer has a $30 off promo code this weekend. It's: FREEDOM11

Last edited:

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Nice, I'll have to make note of them for when my '66 needs new ones. (Will be a long time cause it's got new ones now...)

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
What size are those? I ran N78 Armstrong Traction Grips with white walls back in the day. A full 31 inches and only 9.5 wide. D-ply rating, too. The best tire I ever had. Man I miss those. The perfect tire for a stock uncut. Tough as nails, so to speak.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
What size are those?

Looks like 235/75R15, according to the sidewall.

I looked everywhere for something like this when I first got my Bronco in '05 and was looking to keep it stock looking. I guess my problem was that I only checked with major brands like Firestone, Goodyear, et al.

OP
OP
Old School

Old School

Loc.
AZ
They are indeed 235/75-15 but they look big. They seem much bigger than the 235/75 car tires that are coming off.
I'll measure the actual size them when swapping them

Ranchtruck

I run those on my Tacoma in winter. $80 apiece for them here. I run them whitewalls in though. Decent tires, no complaints.

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
Thanks Old School, those tires look great!! My dad ran Armstrong Tru Tracs back in the 70s. I have been searching and searching for the same type of tire w/ no luck. Do you know what the inches conversion is? I want to run 30 x 9.50 15s.

OP
OP
Old School

Old School

Loc.
AZ
A 235/75-15 should be about 29 tall and 9.25 wide.

I'll take a tape measure to these and find out the real world size.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here ya go, took me a few mins to find em, a little cheaper but still more than what you paid plus those you posted are radial and not bi-plys which will ride and handle better than the bi-plys. http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....gorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=135

I wish Firestone would bring back the Town & Country which you could order on the EB's, I still have the original spare that came with my 74.

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
Here ya go, took me a few mins to find em, a little cheaper but still more than what you paid plus those you posted are radial and not bi-plys which will ride and handle better than the bi-plys. http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....gorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=135

I wish Firestone would bring back the Town & Country which you could order on the EB's, I still have the original spare that came with my 74.

Wow! Now those look like the old Armstrong Tru Trac's ;D. More money and bias but damn those look good.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I put these Deestone 7.00 15 LT tires on my U13 I sold. I think they were $86 installed. I like how they looked (old school mud/snow) and they rode better then I would have guessed but I don't think they come in whitewalls.

Attachments

• IMG17.jpg
    IMG17.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG03.jpg
    IMG03.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
Old School

Old School

Loc.
AZ
Finally, pictures of them installed:

Bronco77snowtires005.jpg

Bronco77snowtires003.jpg

I'm biased, but I think they are perfect. They ride and handle very nicely, but understandably are a bit louder then the previous Michelins I had

Last edited:
OP
OP
Old School

Old School

Loc.
AZ
Thanks Old School, those tires look great!! My dad ran Armstrong Tru Tracs back in the 70s. I have been searching and searching for the same type of tire w/ no luck. Do you know what the inches conversion is? I want to run 30 x 9.50 15s.

I broke out the tape.
The tread is 7 inches wide, the carcass is 8.5 wide on a 6 inch wheel and they are 29 inches tall.