• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fire extinguisher POLL

How many of you have a fire extinguisher onboard

• Yes I have one

Votes: 283 73.9%
  • No I do not

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • I plan on getting one soon

Votes: 73 19.1%
  • never,never needed one

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
I have one, had to use it once years ago on my Bronco when the horn relay ignited a fire.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
here is what i used...quick release style

Attachments

• bronco pic 1.jpg
    bronco pic 1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 195

knack

Contributor
I've got one. Never know when you might have to help out a pretty girl in a burning Toyota.

70 Steed

I don't want to hijack this thread, but how many of you service them annually?

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've used mine 3 times in the last 30 or so years. None of them have been for my own fires.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Also make sure you can reach it & release it when belted in.
I was climbing a hill once and had power steering fluid spray on a header and catch fire, I had 2 extinguishers mounted in the bronco but removed one when installing new seats the other one was on the passengers kick panel i was on a hill & belted in 4 point, managed to get the belt off but was still holding the brakes but finally managed to stretch & rip the extinguisher out of the mount ( plastic strap type) and throw it to my buddy in front of the bronco.

I also have 2 15 lbs units in my garage

OP
OP
half cab

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Looking at this thread I think you need to do a follow up poll - how many of us have extinguishers in our other vehicles. I know a couple have already said they did but I hate to say it but none of my others have them and that's something I'm going to change.

Your right and I've thought about this too and we have two trucks and a car and none in them,but will be soon now after thinking about it!!;)

chuzie

Bronco Guru
1. i lost another rig because I didn't have one
2. I carry one by driver's seat and one by rear tailgate.
3. You are nuts if you don't have at least one!!!

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
would never go without one sisters truck burnt down to the ground do to a leaky fuel line.

blamejane

Bronco Guru
I don't have one, never did...but I will get one thanks to the posts I've read on CB! I like that WH quick release. I voted.

talltire

Loc.
bellevue
536e54b2.jpg

should have had some with me. would have help out alot. now i plan on getting a couple.

My69Pony

I have one now. About a month ago, I was backing out of the driveway when I heard a pop under the hood. I looked into my rear facing hood scoop and saw smoke. I didn't think much about it, just thought it was a backfire. Next thing I see is a glow coming from the same area. As I said, I just happen to still be in the driveway so I jump out, pull the hood pins, raised the hood. Sure enough there is fire on the front of the engine. I run to the garage grab the extinguisher, run back and empty about half the contents but the fire will not go out. I realize the Bronco is still running and pumping gas out of the new found hole in the gas line. I run around, shut the Bronco off, run back around and finish putting out the fire. I now have an extinguisher in all my vehicles.
Lesson 1, have an extinguisher available, lesson 2, shut the vehicle off, lesson 3, do something else to entertain the neighbors (once the fire was out, they had a pretty good laugh telling me that they had never seen a fat (I’d say slightly plump) guy run so fast).
Brian

Last edited:

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
I just purchased 3 new refilable models. I keep one in every Bronco. I've seen too many fires in rigs while trail riding and had one catch on fire while working on it at my shop.

Doyle

Bronco Guru
One in Bronco mounted on tranny tunnel, F150 is end of drivers seat, Ranger behind seat, not mounted yet in wife's Escape, but not had it a week. I have one in both ends of the garage, one on the portable welding cart, and one in the kitchen.

broncomatt

Yep, keep 2 abc's on each of the rear wheel wells. Big one in the rv and one in the dd.
Big one in the shop and one in the kitchen.