• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Quick release fire extinguisher mount

tampabronco

I was looking at the Drake quick release and was wondering what everyone was using

Bundy

Bronco Guru
I ponied up for that one- crazy expensive but when thinking about your shit being on fire it's worth it! It's pretty bad ass too

chuzie

Bronco Guru
There is someone who makes them rather inexpensively. You can weld it together or have him do it. Quick release pin works well. Let me see if I can get the info.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I use Race Ready. Same style as the Drake. They're easily mounted and quick release which is a must.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
cheap plastic one that comes with the extinguisher

D8F5FAB5-7D4B-4156-9C48-028338B95FAA-859-0000007BAACCDD3F_zpsdc189b88.jpg

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
We have something similar, we made a bunch for a customer and don't plan on putting them on our web-store.

There are all sold as weld-it-yourself.

These are all laser cut for a much cleaner edge
They have slots for locating the parts when welding.

Stainless steel $30 shipped USPS
Mild steel $25 shipped USPS
Comes with everything shown inc. stainless hose clamps and stainless pivot bolt

Contact me directly at jon b at jbfab dot net

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 144

muskrat

Bronco Guru
I've been trying to decide where to put my extinguisher. Thinking of panic mode if the EB's on fire, do you really want to exit the car, move the seat to release the extinguisher? I think not.

I thought about right under the drivers seat where the floor does a 90 degree bent to the seats, but I have a spare tank that won't make it easy to run nuts and bolts.

Right now, I have it in the rear cup holders of my Tuffy counsel.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Maybe I'm wrong, but mine is on the roll bar above and between the front seats. Easy access for driver and/or front/rear passengers.

Pops

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
We have something similar, we made a bunch for a customer and don't plan on putting them on our web-store.

There are all sold as weld-it-yourself.

These are all laser cut for a much cleaner edge
They have slots for locating the parts when welding.

Stainless steel $30 shipped USPS
Mild steel $25 shipped USPS
Comes with everything shown inc. stainless hose clamps and stainless pivot bolt

Contact me directly at jon b at jbfab dot net

I wish that stainless one came welded. I don't have the ability to weld stainless.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I have both the Drake style and the H3R style in my EB. I really like the H3R much better. Has a single pin pull release and is all one-piece billet aluminum. Available with either tube or flat mounts. Not cheap.

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi,

I just ordered this Allstar bracket:

http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=751

(I ordered from Amazon; but, I wish I would have seen that it was available for less money at Summit and JEGS.)

I used the fire extinguisher sleeve mentioned by 77-302. In general I like it; but, on the trail there is nothing to keep the sleeve from rotating around the roll bar. I am going with something different so that the fire extinguisher won't rotate.

I wish I would have seen Jon's reply before I ordered yesterday morning. I like JB's products.. I would have ordered the mild steel bracket. Sorry I missed it, Jon.

Take Care,

Jeff

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
here is a picture of them assembled......

Attachments

• IMG_9585.jpg
    IMG_9585.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 138