• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The struggle is real "ITS NOT A JEEP"

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seems to be mostly the JK crowd to me, a good friend has one of the nicest CJ7 Jeeps around great trail rig with a built 401 when he was in Moab this year for the Jeep safari a JK owner actually asked him what type of Jeep his was :)

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
one of the helper electricians working on my garage needed to move it, called my bronco a "jeep thing"%) wife looked at the owner and said "I'll let you move it":cool:

Nothing Special

Got the jeep wave from 2 jks this morning.

The Jeep Wave had all but disappeared by the time I sold my CJ5 in 2006 (I had replaced it with my Bronco). Earlier I'd get and give waves to all Jeep brand vehicles, but by the early 2000s Jeeps were so mainstream that most people driving them had no clue about the "fraternity." So when I waved it was rarely returned, and I pretty much gave it up too.

However, there was always a fraternity off off-road / trail vehicles, and I never saw that change. From my CJ5 I always exchanged waves with CJs, Wranglers and Cherokees that were built for real trail use. But Broncos, Scouts and Land Cruisers were always included in that as well, again assuming they were built for trail use.

Now in my Bronco that fraternity continues (and JKs fit in as well). But I also exchange waves with other classic trucks and even cars. Everyone who keeps old iron on the road shares some kinship, whether they agree with each others choices in vehicles or not. Heck, I've even exchanged waves with someone in a cherry Chevette!

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
The Jeep Wave had all but disappeared by the time I sold my CJ5 in 2006 (I had replaced it with my Bronco). Earlier I'd get and give waves to all Jeep brand vehicles, but by the early 2000s Jeeps were so mainstream that most people driving them had no clue about the "fraternity." So when I waved it was rarely returned, and I pretty much gave it up too.

However, there was always a fraternity off off-road / trail vehicles, and I never saw that change. From my CJ5 I always exchanged waves with CJs, Wranglers and Cherokees that were built for real trail use. But Broncos, Scouts and Land Cruisers were always included in that as well, again assuming they were built for trail use.

Now in my Bronco that fraternity continues (and JKs fit in as well). But I also exchange waves with other classic trucks and even cars. Everyone who keeps old iron on the road shares some kinship, whether they agree with each others choices in vehicles or not. Heck, I've even exchanged waves with someone in a cherry Chevette!

While I completely agree with this, these 2 jks had soccer moms driving and just thought they were doing what they were supposed to do, wave at other jeeps. I'm a Jeep guy myself, have been for 15 years. I had to find something to fill the void while I built this bronco.

Nothing Special

For decades Jeepers have waved at each other as they drive past. No big deal, except that it became one. I've even seen stories on the Jeep Wave on the evening news!

It used to be that everyone driving a Jeep knew that they were driving a Jeep, and knew what every other Jeep looked like, so it was pretty universal. But Patriots and Liberties, and really even TJs and JKs became so popular with people who just wanted a car, that as far as I saw, the Jeep Wave, as a universal Jeep thing, died.

DuneBuster

Loc.
Canton
I think it's time for a sequel to The Little Bronco Goes To The Parts Store. Like a little kids book with thick cardboard pages. Simple words. It would have a pic of an Early Bronco & other pics so we can point out the differences. Then when we run into confusion, we could point out the differences...

The Little Bronco's Name ;D
(None of these are mine)

Hi, I am a Fullsize Bronco. I was built between 1978 & 1996. I am not an Early Bronco.
F107717086.jpg

Hi, I am a Bronco 2. I was built between 1983 & 1990. I am not an Early Bronco.
blue88b2.jpg

Hi, I am a Bronco horse. I do not like this cowboy. I am not an Early Bronco.
images

Hi, I am a Denver Bronco. I do not like this Cowboy. I am not an Early Bronco.
images

Hi, I am a Nice Jeep.
Do you see how close together my headlights are?
Can you count the tall slots in my grill?
Do you see the shape of my hood & fenders?
I am not an Early Bronco.
jeep-cj-5-renegade-08.jpg

Hi, I am an Early Bronco. I was built by Ford between 1966 & 1977.
I am not a Fullsize Bronco.
I am not a Bronco 2.
I am not a horse.
I am not a Denver Bronco.
I am not a Nice Jeep.
I am not the same as those guys. Do not call me those names.
Call me a Classic Bronco, or an Early Bronco, or just a Bronco.
gate_bbnd13_01_cp.jpg

Well, I'd call that a Beautiful Bronco!!

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
^^LOL

Last weekend I pull in my local grocery store with my Bronco and a kid is out there gathering up buggies. Just as soon as I turned off the engine, he spoke up, "What do got there sir??" I was confused what he meant. Im still sitting in the drivers seat and I say "This?" as I pointed to my ride. He said 'yes sir, Ive never seen one of those" So I gave him a quick 10 min History lesson. At the end of it all, he said "I never knew those things existed". I emphasized to him its not a Jeep, and showed him all the FORD symbols on it. So there is one less young person out there that knows about the good ol Bronco.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
It's sad but there is a generation that has never known of a new from the factory Bronco. Hopefully that will change soon and hopefully Ford doesn't mess it up.