• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The struggle is real "ITS NOT A JEEP"

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Why not just accept the compliment?

Back in the '60s, when Honda started dominating the small motorbike market, there were a lot of people calling every motorbike "a Honda" generically.

Sort of like a Crecent Wrench, Channel Locks, Jacuzzi, and Jet Ski.

I think that's all folks are doing.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
License plate frame

I had a friend with a CNC mill custom make this Frame 1976 ford bronco below jeep rescue vehicle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 118

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Doesn't bother me

I know how to graciously accept a compliment

I just say thanks, this was Fords answer to the jeep, this is a 68 Bronco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Well. My plate was denied by the wv dmv. But i have learned something since then. Really our broncos are jeeps. The term "jeep" came from the military designation "GP" short for "government", fords government contract and "passenger" ford designation for any 80" wheelbase. Soldiers used "GP" as general purpose. But then later "GP" was nicknamed "jeep". Willy's designation was "MA" for military Model A. So you see we do drive jeeps.

Proof below
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5710.jpg
    IMG_5710.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 285

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That's pretty cool...

Well. My plate was denied by the wv dmv. But i have learned something since then. Really our broncos are jeeps. The term "jeep" came from the military designation "GP" short for "government", fords government contract and "passenger" ford designation for any 80" wheelbase. Soldiers used "GP" as general purpose. But then later "GP" was nicknamed "jeep". Willy's designation was "MA" for military Model A. So you see we do drive jeeps.

Proof below
attachment.php

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Today, I had a 70 year old woman come up to me at the store parking lot and said "I love your Bronco" Instant smile came on my face. I said thank you then she said "Me and my husband has a Bronco 2"...smile gone...

Nothing Special

Today, I had a 70 year old woman come up to me at the store parking lot and said "I love your Bronco" Instant smile came on my face. I said thank you then she said "Me and my husband has a Bronco 2"...smile gone...

Are you sure she didn't say "a Bronco, too"?