• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

should I paint my inner grill?

lsukevinc

Loc.
Holly Springs
My 76 does not have the best paint job. I one day plan to repaint it but no where in the near future. Currently, my entire bronco is painted one color. I definitely plan to paint the hard top and possibly the flares ford white. What is your opinion, should I paint the inner grill white?
IMG_1998_zpsa74b1355.jpg

IMG_1763_zpsd3c509ef.jpg

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I vote yes on Wimbledon white....<<<<scratch that I couldn't see your pix when I voted! I can't change my vote but I can this post. Leave it along that Bronco looks great as is!!

Last edited:

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Wimbledon White will look good. Gray or argent will not have enough contrast for the current color. Black might look good too.

Last edited:

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Defiantly paint the grill. I'm not a fan of the solid colored painted grills. I think they make a Bronco look cheap. Like someone was trying to give it a quick paint job and not take the time to do it correctly.

House

Minutia Militia
If you paint the top and flares white, I say paint the grille white. If not, I say leave it.

House

Minutia Militia
I'm not a fan of the solid colored painted grills. I think they make a Bronco look cheap. Like someone was trying to give it a quick paint job and not take the time to do it correctly.

I think it depends on the rig. I have a LOT of black on my '69 but decided it would
look best with a body colored grille. If it were black it would blend in too
much you wouldn't be able to see it. If it were any other color it wouldn't
match... I don't think it looks cheap? ;)

DSC00857.JPG

BRONCROB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WISNER LA.
My 76 does not have the best paint job. I one day plan to repaint it but no where in the near future. Currently, my entire bronco is painted one color. I definitely plan to paint the hard top and possibly the flares ford white. What is your opinion, should I paint the inner grill white?
IMG_1998_zpsa74b1355.jpg

IMG_1763_zpsd3c509ef.jpg

Did that Bronco come out of Natchez?I saw one that color for sale there a few years ago.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I think it depends on the rig. I have a LOT of black on my '69 but decided it would
look best with a body colored grille. If it were black it would blend in too
much you wouldn't be able to see it. If it were any other color it wouldn't
match... I don't think it looks cheap? ;)

DSC00857.JPG

Yes sir that looks good .

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Defiantly paint the grill. I'm not a fan of the solid colored painted grills. I think they make a Bronco look cheap. Like someone was trying to give it a quick paint job and not take the time to do it correctly.

I agree completely but you have to watch this guy, he likes to compare broncos to jeeps. ;D

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Agree with house. Whichever you do be sure to put the grille chrome on it though. Inhave never liked the unfinished look of the painted grills without the chrome

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Agree with house. Whichever you do be sure to put the grille chrome on it though. Inhave never liked the unfinished look of the painted grills without the chrome

I disagree! :p

The chrome trim looks good on an argent grille but, IMHO, does not look good on a white grille. ;D

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I would paint the grill black. Add the grill chrome trim. Leave the full body one color and add a white or black Special Decor Stripe.;) After all it is a 76.:cool::cool:;D

Attachments

• phpCvNGcSPM__1418237120_85837.jpg
    phpCvNGcSPM__1418237120_85837.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited: