• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Should I give my ‘69 a paint job

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
I did my 74 myself in my shop. I just hung poly over the walls after sanding and before final wipedown/clean.
I had a auto supplier (Lordco in Canada) mix me PPG single stage paint. Bought the special decor kit on this site and installed a month after paint to let it cure. Not the original colour, but a stock colour in '74.
It's definitely not a show truck, but I don't believe Broncos should be. At least not mine!
The yellow one in my avatar I just rattle canned.

Attachments

• image0(7).jpeg
    image0(7).jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 22
  • image0(8).jpeg
    image0(8).jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
L

lbuch40

Contributor
Loc.
Black Hills
This makes so much sense to me. Thanks for the thoughts. Heck, I don’t even care if there are still a few “dimples” here and there even after painting. My main goal is to get rid of the major chips, protect from rust, and change the color to something more of my preference.
I attended a classic car auction this weekend. Upon close inspection, some of them had terrible paint jobs, and they still brought respectable money. I want something I’m not afraid to DRIVE!! That’s what they were meant for, right!!!!

OP
OP
L

lbuch40

Contributor
Loc.
Black Hills
I did my 74 myself in my shop. I just hung poly over the walls after sanding and before final wipedown/clean.
I had a auto supplier (Lordco in Canada) mix me PPG single stage paint. Bought the special decor kit on this site and installed a month after paint to let it cure. Not the original colour, but a stock colour in '74.
It's definitely not a show truck, but I don't believe Broncos should be. At least not mine!
The yellow one in my avatar I just rattle canned.