• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

pics of b2/eb project, updated pictures

nyhillbilly

Loc.
Canton, MI
here are some pics of my build, obviously its not done. i have almost all the parts for it except the little stuff here and there. a brief description-

engine- 93 h.o with rebuilt bottom end 40k ago, brand new fms heads other than that stock with duff headers, saginaw pump

trans- np435/205 nuff said

axles- thanks to yellow69 i got allot of great parts at a great price
dana 44, 4.88's, quick lock locker, axle completly rebuilt with 79 bronco disc brakes, duff extended radius arms, stage 2 shock hoops, 3.5" springs

9" 4.88's full spool, 33 spline mosier axles, bgy 3.5 long travel springs

tires- 38.5x16x15 tsl's- still need one more tire and all new rims

and yes the body is hanging from the ceiling, im doing this at a storage unit with very limited resources.

Attachments

• bronco build 001.JPG
    bronco build 001.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 115
  • bronco build 008.JPG
    bronco build 008.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 51
  • bronco build 007.JPG
    bronco build 007.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 50
  • bronco build 006.JPG
    bronco build 006.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 47
  • bronco build 005.JPG
    bronco build 005.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 59
  • bronco build 004.JPG
    bronco build 004.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 57
  • bronco build 003.JPG
    bronco build 003.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 64
  • bronco build 002.JPG
    bronco build 002.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 70
  • bronco build 009.JPG
    bronco build 009.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
OP
OP
nyhillbilly

nyhillbilly

Loc.
Canton, MI
when i was stabbing the tranny, i cracked the front bearing housing when i dropped the trans on my toe. i got the new housing from BGY( THANKS A TON TO BGY!!!!) anyhow once i get it stabbed i will start mating the frame to the body, the rear end i am waiting on a new bearing from mosier, i ordered the wrong one the first time so had to send it back.thats why the frame is sitting on the old springs on the floor for now. i hope to have the body mounted and rolling chassis in 2 weeks.

kntr

Bronco Guru
Looks like a great start. Post some pics when you are done.

We built our racer on a trailer outside to begin with.... ya do what ya can to get her built.

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm doing this at a storage unit with very limited resources.

Storage unit, but that do you mean a connex box? I thought working outside in my driveway exposed to the elements was bad. How hot does it get there?

Let me know if you need a hand when you're all situated, received the ordered parts, are ready to proceed and have installed some sort of air conditioning or ventilation system. ;)

Project looks great by the way.

Axel

OP
OP
nyhillbilly

nyhillbilly

Loc.
Canton, MI
Storage unit, but that do you mean a connex box? I thought working outside in my driveway exposed to the elements was bad. How hot does it get there?

Let me know if you need a hand when you're all situated, received the ordered parts, are ready to proceed and have installed some sort of air conditioning or ventilation system. ;)

Project looks great by the way.

Axel
it gets hotter than two rats fucking in a whole sock on a tin roof in the middle of july in there !!!!
but at least i get to work on my bronco ;D

Heus33

Bronco Guru
So, Sir-Swears-A-Lot - where are you from in NY? I'm just south of buffalo.

OP
OP
nyhillbilly

nyhillbilly

Loc.
Canton, MI
sorry

i appologize for the language and i feel like a heel, i ment to say inappropriate sexual retaltions. to be p.c.

OX1

Bronco Guru
Is it just me, or would it have been easier to get some V-8 mounts and do a front SAS on the B2 frame than trying to fit that body onto the EB frame??

OP
OP
nyhillbilly

nyhillbilly

Loc.
Canton, MI
your right

Is it just me, or would it have been easier to get some V-8 mounts and do a front SAS on the B2 frame than trying to fit that body onto the EB frame??

your right it would be easier but i ran into a few problems doing just that, when i removed my front spring perches i found a rust hole about 6"x4" behind it and it rotted into the crossmember. i also did not like how the engine sat in there, i tried 3 differnt engine mounts to get my engine to sit like i want but couldn't get it, and the steering box sat close in to the engine and with its shaft limited what or how i could set up my front accessories. i also really like the fully boxed frame for the wheeling that im building this for. i could have boxed the frame of the bii but it was ALLOT more work and welding, i got a sweet deal on a frame ,steering box , extended radius arms, and frame already had shock hoops and brackets for the radius arms. so i went that direction. i have already set the frame under to the body, im going to have to drill new holes throught the rear floor cross member to bolt to the frame, and the front 3 sets of mounts i will have to move the brackets around. but none of this i major stuff. l little grinding and cutting here and a little welding there and there ya go.

OX1

Bronco Guru
your right it would be easier but i ran into a few problems doing just that, when i removed my front spring perches i found a rust hole about 6"x4" behind it and it rotted into the crossmember. i also did not like how the engine sat in there, i tried 3 differnt engine mounts to get my engine to sit like i want but couldn't get it, and the steering box sat close in to the engine and with its shaft limited what or how i could set up my front accessories. i also really like the fully boxed frame for the wheeling that im building this for. i could have boxed the frame of the bii but it was ALLOT more work and welding, i got a sweet deal on a frame ,steering box , extended radius arms, and frame already had shock hoops and brackets for the radius arms. so i went that direction. i have already set the frame under to the body, im going to have to drill new holes throught the rear floor cross member to bolt to the frame, and the front 3 sets of mounts i will have to move the brackets around. but none of this i major stuff. l little grinding and cutting here and a little welding there and there ya go.

OK, cool, sounds like you have thought it out pretty well. I do know that the ranger/BII frames are pretty stout and probably would not need to be boxed.

OP
OP
nyhillbilly

nyhillbilly

Loc.
Canton, MI
OK, cool, sounds like you have thought it out pretty well. I do know that the ranger/BII frames are pretty stout and probably would not need to be boxed.

when i installed drop radius brackets on the frame i pushed them side to side and they flexed allot with just my hand pressure. i was going to brace it but where the brackets are the np435 hump came down so any brace would be a rock catcher, also when i took off the spring perches and found the hole with crossmember rot it really got me thinking other options, then i got lucky and i found great frame at a cheap price. if i had a flawless bii frame and had more fabrication resources i would have stayed with the bii frame. trust me my wife called me an idiot when i cut the old frame out, oh well

OP
OP
nyhillbilly

nyhillbilly

Loc.
Canton, MI
frame mounted

i got the frame installed under the truck. i still have to build a new core support for the radiator. i added a hydro brake unit from a 3/4 ton chevy also. in the pics its on 35" bfg's they were just to roll it around the shop, it now has the 38.5x16x15's on it and will take more pics soon. its dirty as all get out but it was on jacks for 9 months

just for funi threw in a pic of it when i first bought it for $150.

and to let everyone know i did not destroy a eb to get the frame and axles, i bought them from trucks being parted out.

Attachments

• BRONCO II.jpg
    BRONCO II.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 14
  • m prog.jpg
    m prog.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 28
  • progress.jpg
    progress.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP