• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My project: Here's what I started with. - updated pics

drscotch

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Well I started organizing the photos from the start of my '74 project. The frist look says it all! ;D Features: no roof, plywood half cab, custom console full of chop, large hole in block, 2 piece cam shaft, etc..

Needless to say, if it wasn't made of metal in ended up in a the bin. It's looking better now, but not a lot. Good fun. ;D

On edit, I suppose I should mention I paid $200 Canadian.

Attachments

• 1firstlook.jpg
    1firstlook.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 2plywoodhalfcab.jpg
    2plywoodhalfcab.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 3chopconsole.jpg
    3chopconsole.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 4holeinblock.jpg
    4holeinblock.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 174
  • 5twopiececam.jpg
    5twopiececam.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Looks like you have some work ahead of you but we have all seen much worse. $200 in your money wouldn't buy much down here. Good luck with it. :)

popsbronco

Loc.
Edmonton Canada
i cant belive i missed your posts??

Nice find for 200.00
Hows it looking now/
i also own a 1974 bronco.
Name is Darrell
aka popsbronco
Are you interested in meeting other Bronco owner inedmonton/calgary
Let me know
Peace out!

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Nice winch... I mean tire/radiator blocker ;D That could have had a hand in the 2 piece cam shaft. Well glad to see its now got a worthy owner. For $200 you cant go wrong. Keep up updated.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
That must be one of those "economical" camshafts - guaranteed to save you money at the gas station. ;D

Nice find.

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
You are a lucky guy to get the coffee cup for the console as part of the deal. I would be willing to trade you something for that hubcap. Nice find though and enjoy getting it fixed.

OP
OP
drscotch

drscotch

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
popsbronco said:
Nice find for 200.00
Hows it looking now/
It looks a lot better but it's still a work in progress. Once I stripped off all the rotten stuff the overall body wasn't too bad compared to others I've seen. Body and suspension lift are in, bunch of metal patches welded in everywhere, 2wd F150 PS box, picked up a perfect hard top for $200, that's what I paid for the entire Bronco in the first place! ;D. Rebuilt 302 ready for assembly. Rebuilt NP435 & Dana 20 on the workbench, etc. etc.. Overall, still more parts on the shelf than attached to the truck. Oh well.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Sounds like you've made a lot progress. Where's the pics? ;D Keep up the good work and you'll be driving it before you know.

BG's 68 Bronco

Eventhough it didn't look like much you got it for a great price. The wreakers might have paid more? Maybe, can't remember what they would pay, but considering my cousin got $150 for a metro, with some parts pulled.

can't wait to see you on the road with it.

Bear

OP
OP
drscotch

drscotch

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Here's a couple progress shots. Slowly but surely.... ;D

Attachments

• DSC_0586.jpg
    DSC_0586.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0589.jpg
    DSC_0589.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 67

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Man.. It's looking alot better.. Almost looks as good as mine. Actually it might look better.