• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Paint is finally done!

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Looks very nice. I'm so bad at body work and paint that I'm jealous....you are right that you found your calling. Great looking color and Bronco!

OP
OP
jmangi62

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments.Blamejane,yes I'm definitely going to do another one,sort of a daily driver rig,small lift,PS & PDB,half cab for sure,some kinda cool color,something different from red & blue,although these rigs look great in those colors.Got my eye on a old ford pickup I just happened to come across so another eb might be down the road a ways,I want to tow this beast with another classic Ford,so for now I'm still looking,thanks guys.:cool:

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I love it! Whats the color code?

How are you going to keep those tires off the fenders under flex?

What am I seeing on the driver side rear wheel well?

OP
OP
jmangi62

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
JefeAZ,The image you see on the rear quarter panel is my front porch and a shadow of the bronco,pretty good mirror effect huh?Not sure about the fenders,I do have a complete set of flares for the day I decide to cut on her:(,here's a couple pics of the paint can,they can mix it at you're nearest Sherwin Williams Automotive Finishes store.:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 43

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
JefeAZ,The image you see on the rear quarter panel is my front porch and a shadow of the bronco,pretty good mirror effect huh?Not sure about the fenders,I do have a complete set of flares for the day I decide to cut on her:(,here's a couple pics of the paint can,they can mix it at you're nearest Sherwin Williams Automotive Finishes store.:cool:
Wow thanks! I think im going white with green/silver accents. Might go with that. Ya incredible work you've done on the paint. How much $$ in materials and how many hours?

Check out these Broncos with grafted front fenders out back:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260829

OP
OP
jmangi62

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Hey JefeAZ,those are some sweet ass rigs for sure,I also think I'm gonna do the front fender graft on my next project,love that idea and looks kick ass! As far as man hrs. all I can say is it took me & my buddy months of hard work (only working on weekends) I would work during the week on it by myself.And money wise I would estimate at around $800 for everything,(paint,primer,clearcoat,all miscellaneous supplies).I just couldn't bring myself to pay somebody 3-5 thousand to do something that I could do myself for peanuts in comparison.I'm still not done completely tho,for my winter project I have to get the doors and tailgate finished. :cool:;D:D

Last edited: