• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally got the body and paint done (pics inside)!

planetbronco

Loc.
Brighton, Colorado
OK guys, I finally got all the fabrication, body work and paint done... now I just gotta remember how it goes back together! Let me know what you you think (be gentle, it's taken a hell of a lot more time and bling than I thought it would).

Click the links below and it'll give you a short slideshow... if you want more detail, hit my site at MSN PlanetBronco @ MSN

Disassembly:
attachment.php

Sandblast & Strip:
attachment.php

Body & Prep:
attachment.php

Paint:
attachment.php

I guess I better get going on getting the 5.0 ready... ;D

Mike

Attachments

• phase1.gif
    phase1.gif
    122 KB · Views: 104
  • phase2.gif
    phase2.gif
    73.5 KB · Views: 99
  • phase3.gif
    phase3.gif
    103.6 KB · Views: 130
  • phase4.gif
    phase4.gif
    104.7 KB · Views: 221

69patriot76

Loc.
Centralia, WA
Looking good! You have a LOT of room there, don't you? I envy you that. Keep the pics/updates coming. I love seeing these things go together (helps me figure out my own). ;)

Dan

Brewbro21

Looks awesome, you have chosen the perfect color combination for your rig. As said before keep those pics coming, we all love to see these things come together.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Great progress. looks like your well on your way to having it back on the road in no time ;D Take that extra time and do it right and you'll be all the more satisfied with the end result. Again good work and great progress ;D

OP
OP
planetbronco

planetbronco

Loc.
Brighton, Colorado
cams 76 said:
what color yellow is that? im thinking of the new ford truck yellow

I like that yellow also, I haven't had this next to a new Ford but I think it has a tiny bit less red in it. It's the safety yellow POR-15 sells under the brand Hard-Nose (two part paint). Click on the POR-15 banner on the right and Dave can hook you up with it.

RolledItAgain

Great work on the paint, I hope I can get mine to come out as nice.

I want to see more pics of your home made paint booth.
Tell me more about how and what you did.
I am wanting to do something like this in my shop.
How to you vent? Fan and filters? how did you keep the dust down?
More, more, more

Thx, Matt