• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally Got My 72 Bronco

truecountry

Been seeing 2 broncos sitting for last few years so I stopped and asked If they were for sale ..One Blue with top and everything there and a brown one it is a basket case frame and drivetrain is all that is good
Gentleman asked why are you asking .
I told him I used to own one back in the 90s and really wished I hadn't sold it .
He then asked are you going to restore it I said yes sir ..He told me I wish I had a nickle for everyone ask me about selling them ..he had one guy that was coming with the money that weekend if he didn't show up what would I like to do I said buy them of course He held out his hand and we shook hands.. That sunday he called me and said they are yours for 1200 if im going to restore the blue one, but, I have to get both I said deal

Attachments

• 1972.jpg
    1972.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
T

truecountry

Had not run since 2003 a carb kit and new points and fuel pump with a gas jug she runsssssssssss

Attachments

• bronco front .jpg
    bronco front .jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 81

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Right on! Congrats on getting them, sounds like a great deal as well. Any plans for it yet or just drive it and enjoy for a while?

OP
OP
T

truecountry

Right on! Congrats on getting them, sounds like a great deal as well. Any plans for it yet or just drive it and enjoy for a while?

Restore it rust in floor from toe to tail gate then 1996 5.0 efi with a aod trans and 205 tranfers case ..disc brakes from a 1977 f150 parts I have and leave it uncut with suspension 3 inch lift ...I been looking at all the post here I want a daily driver with spunk and will not see any mud

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Sounds like a solid plan. Post up plenty of pics!

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
I love these rigs. They sit for years, you do a few hours of work and they fire right up. Good luck with the project. PM me if you would like a catalog. I suspect you will need a few parts.;)

Jim

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Well played there Jim! ;D;D;D

truecountry congrats man that's the kind of deal we all dream about stumbling upon, you should go back and give that feller a ride when you get her roadworthy, lets see pics of the basket case too, I like those ;)

OP
OP
T

truecountry

Well played there Jim! ;D;D;D

truecountry congrats man that's the kind of deal we all dream about stumbling upon, you should go back and give that feller a ride when you get her roadworthy, lets see pics of the basket case too, I like those ;)

I been keeping the guy updated and aim to ride him around once I get it right.
The basket case is great frame very lil rust transfer case intact 3 speed trans linkage is froze but looks good engine is some what locked up I can get it to turn a lil but I can feel the rust in cylinders as I move it ..no carb on that engine so moisture has rusted up cylinders
body had no top and had trees growing though it and honeysuckles coming out tranfercase shifter ..Parts that I could see that are good is dash and windshield frame ..grille could make a great garage art dented up rusted but means it lived a hard life ...cut the trees and vines and moved it 5 feet it fell apart fenders one way bed the other most fell though floor lol

OP
OP
T

truecountry

I love these rigs. They sit for years, you do a few hours of work and they fire right up. Good luck with the project. PM me if you would like a catalog. I suspect you will need a few parts.;)

Jim

Im a diesel tech but have turned wrenches all my life the old stuff is simple compared to new...I always turn engine over by hand with all spark plugs out before anything and a lil motor oil in cylinders let it still a couple days then check for spark and fuel ..carb was open no breather so I knew it needed rebuild ..spark took a lil refreshing course been years since I did points and condenser lol coil was bad ..ill pm u later

OP
OP
T

truecountry

Congrats! Deals like that don't happen these days, so glad you got so lucky.

Yes sir I know that all to well ..I had been seeing another bronco sitting and made many attempts to see the people who lived there but they had died and only kid they had lived in fla but she had the grass cut to make the place look nice and the bronco disappeared one day I guess lawn care people got that one