• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FORD BRONCO An Illustrated History..finally got it.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
This book has been advertised on Amazon for at least a year now. I can't believe none of you have never seen it before. Every few weeks I search Classic Bronco or Ford Bronco on Amazon...you would be amazed at all the stuff that comes up....including that book for quite some time now.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I got my copy yesterday and had a little time to look it last evening.

I'm a fan of McLaughlin's work - I took a look in my library this morning and realized this book is my 4th purchase of his writings - I bought my first book of his back in 1991 when I was a college student.

I enjoyed his ample inclusion of ads and dealership material from the early years - I thought it was a great compilation for those who might not collect it otherwise. His history is well-written and I only noticed one error (disc brakes being an option in the 1972-1973 equipment list). He's from New Mexico and as with his other books, the photos are from a rural Western setting, which I enjoy. They're often real trucks in real settings - this copy has more 'car show' photos but they still seem very 'everyman' to me.

I was pleased to find several photos of vehicles that belong to other classicbroncos members and was very surprised to find one photo with me in it. Super thrilled that marschariot has a central starring role in the book - well deserved!

Some have asked about this book vs. the Brooklands book. I would say it has a different flavor and is a nice compliment to the Brooklands book. It's certainly better than the Martyn Schorr Bronco book from the early '80s. I think it's a book that every serious Bronco owner should own. Someone can then do a nice coffee table book on Broncos and we'll have our complete library.

Todd Z.

Last edited:
OP
OP
half cab

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Wish I could have put it in words as well as you Todd! but that's what I woulda said.

I still haven't got all the way through it yet. Definitely for the Bronco enthusiast.