• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Member Intro

Dans72

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I've been wanting an early Bronco for years and finally pulled the trigger on one. It's a 1972 and the body is pretty well toast. The frame looks like it's in really good shape though. It originally came with a 170 but has a 289 or 302 now. Haven't tried getting it to run yet and don't really even care if it will run. I've got big (expensive) plans for it including a new body in all likelihood.

A little background, I'm a lifelong Ford guy. I've owned several Mustangs. First car was a fox body, I restored a 1966 Mustang and currently have a 2018 GT. I pride myself in doing everything possible by myself. I've got a lot to learn about these Broncos and I'm pretty excited to get to work on it. My current problem is that I don't really have a big enough garage to do what I want to. The plan is to move in the next couple years and find a place where I can build a garage where I can really get to work.

In the meantime I'm going to be learning as much as I can about what I want to do. I'm open to any advice as well regarding what to look for and how to go about a full restoration. Anyhow, thanks for having me.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
Welcome and good luck with it. Add your details to your signature when you can. Bunch of good people on here.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Welcome to the addiction!!! And the site!!! Not sure where you are in VA, but you should check in with the M.E.B. group, Mid Atlantic Early Broncos. Super group of folks, a bunch in VA and that area. Sign up as a Contributor and post pics of that rig, we love pics!!!;D;D;D

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome from Kentucky and a life long Mustang guy. I kind'a switched from Mustang Fever to Bronco Fever a few years ago myself. Anyway welcome again to a great site for Bronco info as well as just about anything else you ever need to know about!!!;)

Norm

OP
OP
Dans72

Dans72

Thanks y'all. I'm in Southwest VA, so I'm a lot closer to Knoxville than what most people think of when they think Mid-Atlantic.

Question, does anybody know where I can find torque specs and other repair info? I'm thinking about getting a 1972 shop manual but don't know if it would be worth it. There probably won't be a lot of stock parts left in a few years. In the meantime I need to get this thing to where I can at least move it around with my tractor. The left front brake is stuck right now.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome, Welcome Dan.. Couldn't have found a better site...

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I've been wanting an early Bronco for years and finally pulled the trigger on one. It's a 1972 and the body is pretty well toast. The frame looks like it's in really good shape though. It originally came with a 170 but has a 289 or 302 now. Haven't tried getting it to run yet and don't really even care if it will run. I've got big (expensive) plans for it including a new body in all likelihood.

A little background, I'm a lifelong Ford guy. I've owned several Mustangs. First car was a fox body, I restored a 1966 Mustang and currently have a 2018 GT. I pride myself in doing everything possible by myself. I've got a lot to learn about these Broncos and I'm pretty excited to get to work on it. My current problem is that I don't really have a big enough garage to do what I want to. The plan is to move in the next couple years and find a place where I can build a garage where I can really get to work.

In the meantime I'm going to be learning as much as I can about what I want to do. I'm open to any advice as well regarding what to look for and how to go about a full restoration. Anyhow, thanks for having me.

mrdrnac

Contributor
Welcome! You can be a sponge on this site and learn an incredible amount of Early Bronco knowledge. My guess is you will change your build plan several times over the next two years based on knowledge you have gained here. Have fun and let us know how you are proceeding with your build! Good luck and have fun.

chuckyb

Contributor
It is definitely worth having a shop manual, you can't go wrong having one.

BradGP

That sounds like an exciting project for you! Lots of helpful folks around here.

Doyle

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the addiction. I'm only a few miles from Scott county, in Hawkins county TN