• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New member intro

jagdprcp

Loc.
San Diego
I have been lurking for some time now while I searched for an EB that fit my needs and budget. I go by the name of Skeeeter and currently live in San Diego.

I finally found what I was looking for but it was located in Tulsa. I happen to have family a few hours away and my brothers went and picked it up for me. I haven't seen it in person yet and probably won't be able to go get it for a few months yet.

It is a 72 and appears to be the 'Sport' model. Well actually the fenders have the Sport emblems... Here is a pic from the seller:
broncoleftside_zps845e116c.jpg

As you can see saying it is in rough shape is an understatement. But hopefully I am up to the challenge. I have been working on older vehicles and motorcycles for most of my life. This will be my first Bronco and I can tell the bug has already bitten hard...

Skeeeter

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site! Yeah, it looks a little rough, but I have seen worse brought back from the dead.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome to a great site... Good to have you on board.

if you want, Vote for this site daily "bottomofpage" as Top 4x4 site

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
welcome skeeter

you bought your first Bronco sight unseen and it looks like a big project

Congratulations sir, you just achieved "most interesting man in the world" status

patterdale

Bronco Guru
welcome skeeter

Congratulations sir, you just achieved "most interesting man in the world" status

Or craziest man in the world. Send the man a case of Dos Equis.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice! Welcome aboard and there doesn't look to be alot of work there. Should have it lookin good in a few weekends no doubt. :eek:

Can't wait to see what you plans are! Good Luck! ;D

OP
OP
J

jagdprcp

Loc.
San Diego
Where in SD are you?

I live in Point Loma, about a block from the Fisherman's Landing.

True Story: I work with computers and have clients all over. One of my clients actually calls me that!

Nice! Welcome aboard and there doesn't look to be alot of work there. Should have it lookin good in a few weekends no doubt. :eek:

Can't wait to see what you plans are! Good Luck! ;D

Nuthin' a little duct tape and WD-40 won't fix! <G>

Plans are as follows:

Strip it down to the frame, move the front axle 3" forward and rear 3" back, cut fenders as needed (the main reason for getting a project that looked like this, no reason to cut something nice...)
5.5" lift with 35x12.50's, 1-2" BL as necessary to fit engine
FE-based 445 stroker in front of a NP-435 (already have engine and trans)
Atlas4 TC and 4.11 gears front and rear to allow some higway driving

Oh yeah, and maybe a little body work once all of that gets done. ;D

I have always been one to jump in with both feet without looking first....

Skeeeter

dube

Bronco Guru
Loc.
big lake Mn
I have always been one to jump in with both feet without looking first....

Skeeeter

now thats funny. reminds of a joke.
two guys going to clean a out house, first guy jumps in, 2nd guy askes how deep is it? 1st guy say's ankel deep. the 2nd guy jumps in and it's up to his chin and says i thought you said it was ankel deep. 1st guy reply's i always go head first.

welcome to the site. enjoy your new adventure.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome to CB.COM, looks like the start of a great project. Be sure to post more pictures after you get started.

OP
OP
J

jagdprcp

Loc.
San Diego
I know it will be a lot of work to fit the FE but what the hell.... That's half the fun of doing stuff...

Skeeeter

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Fun times ahead. Remember to duck and weave.
That was a common '72 color too, at least around here. And I don't doubt it's a Sport too, if what I see on the glovebox door is indeed an "Explorer" badge.
Any confirmation of that?

It's not that they're ultra-rare or make a Bronco ultra-valuable. It's just that it's a nice little package that not everyone has.

Enjoy.

Paul

bsquared

Contributor
Welcome aboard! I like the hell bent for leather approach. Beauty of the Bronco...it can be what you want. Good luck with the build....I'll be watching

Cheers, B2

OP
OP
J

jagdprcp

Loc.
San Diego
Fun times ahead. Remember to duck and weave.
That was a common '72 color too, at least around here. And I don't doubt it's a Sport too, if what I see on the glovebox door is indeed an "Explorer" badge.
Any confirmation of that?

It's not that they're ultra-rare or make a Bronco ultra-valuable. It's just that it's a nice little package that not everyone has.

Enjoy.

Paul

I have yet to see it in person. It is currently ~1800 miles from me sitting in my sister's barn. That makes it tough to figure stuff like that out.

I know being a Sport doesn't make it rare or valuable. It was just something I noticed. At any rate, it will be an adventure and I am definately looking forward to getting it started!

Skeeeter