• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New member intro

MPG_Bronco

Loc.
Chandler
so how are you getting it home?? think you can drive her back?? that would be an adventure never to be forgotten...

Shipping might be the best way though.... and probably the safest.

OP
OP
J

jagdprcp

Loc.
San Diego
so how are you getting it home??

The most likely way would be to go pick it up and trailer it home. Although driving it home would definately be an adventure! ;D This is what the engine bay looks like:

enginecompartment_zps4f5948e4.jpg

Skeeeter

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
welcome home! glad to see another getting some love....

shaunsmith

Loc.
London
Welcome Dear. I am Shaun smith. I am new on this forum. I have heard umpteen good comments about this forum. Now finally i have decided to sign up and join the company of good people here. I hope we will have a good time by helping each other.

MR-CYN

Loc.
NH
The most likely way would be to go pick it up and trailer it home. Although driving it home would definately be an adventure! ;D This is what the engine bay looks like:

Skeeeter

Looks better than mine.

OP
OP
J

jagdprcp

Loc.
San Diego
X2

Let us know when you get here and we'll get some locals together for wrench day.

It will probably be May or June before I can go get it. It really depends on my work schedule and when I can take time off to make the drive. I've done that trip in a 3-day weekend before. I'm kinda over those kinds of trips now. I'm thinking 2 days there and 2 days days back with at least one day in between.

Skeeeter

ILikeBond

Welcome Skeeter!

I'm in North Clairemont, just up the 5 from you, and about 6 months into a build myself. If you ever get a hankerin' for wrenching before you get your rig, gimme a shout - I could always use an extra hand and happy to learn you what I know (which is relatively little, but still).

Jack

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome to the best Bronco website! It is great to see another one rescued. Too many times I see those rusting away and the owner just won't let it go. Don't forget we love pics here! Again..welcome to the addiction!:p

OP
OP
J

jagdprcp

Loc.
San Diego
Welcome Skeeter!

I'm in North Clairemont, just up the 5 from you, and about 6 months into a build myself. If you ever get a hankerin' for wrenching before you get your rig, gimme a shout - I could always use an extra hand and happy to learn you what I know (which is relatively little, but still).

Jack

I always have a hankerin' for wrenchin'! (If I weren't, I would have found a Bronco in better shape!) Tomorrow, I will be stripping my FE down to a bare block to get it ready for the machine work.

Holler if you need extra hands!

Skeeeter