• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need help buying

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Here are some of his pics.

Attachments

• 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 26
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 26

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I really am just looking for a bronco as a weekend vehicle. I really won't take it off road unless I go to the beach.

The vehicle I am looking at in Arizona says it is in Yuma. The link to the craigslist ad is:
http://yuma.craigslist.org/cto/2960577455.html

Any thoughts on the pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for being so helpful. It means a lot. :)

Thats a hack job stay away from it........:(

70_Steve

Old Guy
I'm still trying to figure out this whole picture thing. I'm not sure how to post them.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

Or become a Contributor. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34373

From what the body shop guy told me, this body is useless. The only thing worth saving is the frame and mechanical part of it. So, to me it seems like it would be better to sell what I have and start fresh. :(
If you're going to pay a body shop to do the work, why not pay someone experienced in Early Bronco restoration, lile NicksTrix. http://www.nickstrix.com/

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
I'm fixing a tub that looks to be in worse shape but I've down that road plenty in the past. The advantage of mine is it's 95% original with only front floors, DS door post and kick panel i nthe past. That tub needs a decent amount of work, and looks like it's had some sub-par patches/welding already done to it. If you are looking at a EB in the $8k which would require another $1k in shipping you could find one in much better shape than the blue one on CL here on CB.

Once you find a decent Bronco use the one you have as a parts truck and sell what you don't need. You'll be surprised how valuable a parts truck is when you are restoring a vehicle. A friend of mine restores FJ40's and he ALWAYS has a 100% original cruiser (usually rusty as hell) on his property to use as a reference when he is putting his restos back together.

OP
OP
T

tmccleish

Loc.
Eastern Shore, VA
I'm fixing a tub that looks to be in worse shape but I've down that road plenty in the past. The advantage of mine is it's 95% original with only front floors, DS door post and kick panel i nthe past. That tub needs a decent amount of work, and looks like it's had some sub-par patches/welding already done to it. If you are looking at a EB in the $8k which would require another $1k in shipping you could find one in much better shape than the blue one on CL here on CB.

Once you find a decent Bronco use the one you have as a parts truck and sell what you don't need. You'll be surprised how valuable a parts truck is when you are restoring a vehicle. A friend of mine restores FJ40's and he ALWAYS has a 100% original cruiser (usually rusty as hell) on his property to use as a reference when he is putting his restos back together.

Thanks, I just wish I had done some home work before I went and spent money on these.

OP
OP
T

tmccleish

Loc.
Eastern Shore, VA
How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

Or become a Contributor. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34373

If you're going to pay a body shop to do the work, why not pay someone experienced in Early Bronco restoration, lile NicksTrix. http://www.nickstrix.com/

I looked on the site and don't see where he is located. I'm sure money will be an issue also.

Bigdad68

Loc.
Mesa Az
I really am just looking for a bronco as a weekend vehicle. I really won't take it off road unless I go to the beach.

The vehicle I am looking at in Arizona says it is in Yuma. The link to the craigslist ad is:
http://yuma.craigslist.org/cto/2960577455.html

Any thoughts on the pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for being so helpful. It means a lot. :)

Careful dealing with this Bronco. It has been for sale since December of last year. The whole deal is fishy. I first got a call back from someone saying it was his dads Bronco, then a call 3 weeks later from a very confused older guy saying it was his and he wasn't selling it. He tells me that his son ran the ad and is trying to make him sell it.

Just my experience anyway.

P.S. I actually had to go as far as Oakland CA. to get a good unit.Don't be fooled by AZ climate, found just as much crap here. ALWAYS look in person before laying out the cash. I was lied to by 3 different sellers about rust, mechanical issues etc. I walked from all 3 long distant deals and went home empty handed after spending on travel. But being patient I got a great unit for $8500 after3 months of looking.

EarlyBronco?

Loc.
Chino, Ca
tmccleish, stay away from that Yuma bronco. I drove down to see it from Los Angeles and it was a waste of time. It's a decent paint job from far away but the rest is trash. Floor boards are all hacked up and pieced together and painted black to cover up the mess, Engine has no power and a bunch of other stuff wrong with it. They're selling this project to complete one he has in his backyard. Son told my buddy while I was out test driving it with his dad.

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
Keep searching, friend-o. If you ever see one around southern NM, I'd be happy to go check it out for you and take some pics. That Yuma deal smells all the way from here!

Welcome to the brotherhood.

OP
OP
T

tmccleish

Loc.
Eastern Shore, VA
tmccleish, stay away from that Yuma bronco. I drove down to see it from Los Angeles and it was a waste of time. It's a decent paint job from far away but the rest is trash. Floor boards are all hacked up and pieced together and painted black to cover up the mess, Engine has no power and a bunch of other stuff wrong with it. They're selling this project to complete one he has in his backyard. Son told my buddy while I was out test driving it with his dad.

Thanks for the heads up on it..