• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need help buying

tmccleish

Loc.
Eastern Shore, VA
Hi, I am new to this whole bronco thing. I love the vehicles have recently purchased one to restore. I have now found out that the one I purchased wasn't worth the money. I have seen a few on Craigslist for sale, but they are accross the country from where I live. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could find out about the vehicle I have seen.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
if you post them here we can kind give you an idea. also if someone lives close they maybe able to look at it for you. Welcome to the site

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I have now found out that the one I purchased wasn't worth the money

We all find that out! Unless you get a already restored one or you just find that super ausome deal, most broncos are only worth there weight in scrap metal. Its what you do after you buy it that makes it worth something! Its what you build not what you buy!

Oh and welcome to this forum. It can be a addiction to be on here. I spend a full day on here for every hour i wrench probably! Might consider becoming a contributer down the road, best thing about that is it allows you to post pics!

How much you looking to spend. Here in Minnesota you cant find anything but a junk rustbucket for less than 4 or 5 grand.

OP
OP
T

tmccleish

Loc.
Eastern Shore, VA
Thanks for the warm welcome. This can be quite overwelming. The guy is asking 8k for the one I am looking at on Craigslist. I would also have the expense of having it shipped from Arizona to me in Virginia. I will try to put pics of the one I found, once I figure out how to do it...lol

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Where about in VA? If you fill out the rest of your profile other members will know where you are and you can catch up with some local guys.

Welcome to the site and the addiction.

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
AZ is a good climate for vintage autos since it's dry and doesn't normally snow, BUT make sure you have the seller send you a TON of detailed pics to show you the current condition of the body. It will paint a better picture. It could be located in AZ now, but was originally a NY truck with rust on the rust. Also ask if someone local would take a look at it for you. It's better to have a third party who is familiar with these vehicles assess the value instead of going soley on what the owner says. Not always, but more times than not he/she will tell you what you want to hear about the vehicle to make a sale.

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
Do have a link to the craigs list sale, and what are you looking to use the truck for, daily drive, light off-roading, extreme?

70_Steve

Old Guy
I would also have the expense of having it shipped from Arizona to me in Virginia.
Hi and welcome to the site. Too bad about your first experience.

Where abouts in AZ is the one you're looking at? There's a bunch of us all over AZ who might be willing to take a look for you. I have looked at a Bronco for other people before.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Kind of looks like a project that never got finished. I see trac bar drop bracket and a welded on coil spring spacer. I also see no wipers, no signals, looks like its missing the glass and window regulator and cranks as well as the inner door panel. No dash pad, door locks, and might be missing front gas tank. Says 67 but thats not a 67 grill or at least not 67 marker lights. And a 67 didnt have side markers!

Make sure the title matches the glove box door numbers and maybe even the frame numbers depending on where you live.

Like i said looks like a project 1/2 done!

Remember he is only showing you the good angles. I would like to see the tailgate, and under the hood. Also remember a 67 would be a dana 30 front axle, with drums all around, and no power
brakes or power steering.

Also says new suspension but that dont look like a bronco suspension.

Id offer him maybe 5 grand. Fixing someonelses half ass, cobbled together, painted over rust bucket will kill your bank account. Second thought offer him 4 grand!

Lets see some pics on the one you already have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your might be better than you think, or at least might be better than that one!

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Looks OK, but someone definitely didn't finish it going by the holes in the dash including radio and the missing door panels. That's just what I'm seeing by the few crappy pics listed in the ad. I'd pass for $8k. Look for a more unmolested (original) one first time around. It will be easier for guys on the site to help you troubleshoot if dealing with factory specs. That looks like it may have some hillybilly ingeniuty in it.

OP
OP
T

tmccleish

Loc.
Eastern Shore, VA
Well the one I have now is a 69 Sport( or so I think). The frame has been completely redone, but the body is in rough shape. I thought it could be saved but, the body guy helping me out has been working on it for a few days and says it will not line up. He has spent several hours getting one side lined up and said the passanger side is completely off. I unfortunately know nothing about body work, so I have to put my faith in him. I trust him, so at least that is a plus. He said it looks like who ever did the welding on it previously didn't know what they were doing. It seems to me I am going to have more time and money in getting this one fixed, than if I bought another one that was in a little better shape.

OP
OP
T

tmccleish

Loc.
Eastern Shore, VA
I'm still trying to figure out this whole picture thing. I'm not sure how to post them. From what the body shop guy told me, this body is useless. The only thing worth saving is the frame and mechanical part of it. So, to me it seems like it would be better to sell what I have and start fresh. :(

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
The bronco looks nice from 40the feet....that said......it's really hard to drive a bronco thats 40' away from you.......the paint looks great.....does that matter? Remember...it's a 4x4bronco!!!..whom ever installed the coil springs.....should have their balls....slapped....the spacers look like crap.....save yourself......sped your cash on a glass body for your bronco.....there i gave my two cents.....good luck

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Need to have a Bronco guy check out your current one. There are many things on these that general mechanics and body men just don't understand. If you want to attempt to get yours straight check out NicksTrix, fairly close to you, may be worth a drive to have them check it out.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Of course the body shop guy says its useless. All they know how to do now adays is paint and bolt on! There not in the business of rust repair and hate doing it!

If he is trying to align things before he does the new body mounts he is waisting his and your time!

Go get your truck back and do it yourself! You need to know how to do these things yourself unless you have a money tree!