• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My wandering 76 Bronco. Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Rotating the axle back( that’s what lowering the arms does) increases caster for sure.
This is with lowering arm at frame pivot point.

Caster is the question.

Lower the ride height will accomplish the same thing, rotate axle (top) towards the rear, giving you more caster. After building several broncos I've come to realize that you don't need to be high for the bronco to perform on the trails. Make it work on a low stance and you will avoid these issues.

Bumpsteer?
that's another topic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LHardin

LHardin

Rotating the axle back( that’s what lowering the arms does) increases caster for sure. But as noted, it also changes piñon angle. Again my experience only, but that piñon angle will never be a problem. Front axle is rarely if ever used in 4 wheel drive. Even when it is used you’re crawling at 5 mph. That piñon angle is fine at slow speed. You would be concerned if we were talking about the rear piñon angle but we’re not. Unless you are a dirt strip racer in 4x4 or you just want to cruise down dirt roads in 4x4 at speed, don’t worry about front angles. Fix caster.
Thanks