• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Keeping the bad guys honest.

md_lucky_13

Loc.
Idaho
Just curious if anyone would be interested in a couple of tech articles that highlight bronco security. I have been looking for ideas, and I have done several things myself.

I recently installed a Bulldog Security 7024 unit in my bronco. I received it as a gift several years ago, and never bothered with it. Well, having finnally got the bronco up to the happening college town, I figured it was time to hook everything up. I had already seen a bronco that was missing wheels/tires, and I didn't want to end up like that.
It was basically a really easy install. The only major "fabrication" was hooking up a switch to show when the door is open or closed.

If anyone is interested in it, I could write up a tech article for it. But, I think it would be awsome to have a huge "Security" thread, especially now that summer is here and people may be taking off the tops. Anyone have some neat tricks they could share, even if its only an idea at this point? Anyone want to see the tech article on installing the alarm system?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Yes, that would be cool. My wife and I went canoeing yesterday and drove north several miles to a put in on th eriver, several other trucks, boat trailers, etc. Dropped in came back three hours later and someone had gone through my truck. The passenger door was open and one of the non-locked storage boxes were open. It got me boiling mad. Luckily I have a Tuffy, so I am not worried about losing anything important, but surely, there has to be cooler shit in the back of that Dodge PU and boat trailer than my Bronco. Thats one reason I havent fixed the hole in the dash where the old stereo used to be, kind of hoping that someone would think another thief had already beat them to it....I would like to rig an electrical charge that drops 10,000 volts on the first asshole who touches my rig. Sorry, had to vent....on with the tech articles.

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
yeah yesterday as i was closing up at work i was sweeping up fornt and saw some guy looking in the back of my bronco (i have 2 6x9s) and i was about to go berzerk and i saw him leave and i figured either he was just looking or he was making sure he got everything and later as i went outside my speakers were still there, and i keep thinking of ways to take car eof security issues, and trailpsycho a 1000 volt electrical shock would be a great security system (i would like to have one) until you forget to disarm it or someone elses tries to get something for you or move it etc.