• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Keeping my Bronco Dry on the Coast

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I moved to the Oregon coast last summer and finally had my Bronco delivered about a month ago... no indoor/covered parking available at this time, so I got these desiccant bags for boats. They are definitely keeping her dry inside. I hung four of these in there on my roll cage front and back and are now ready for replacement. Check it out.

Attachments

• Desicant Bag.jpg
    Desicant Bag.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 80

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like they're doing the job! That was a good idea! How are you enjoying your new stomping grounds?

OP
OP
BronCowie

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Howard, I feel like I am "free falling" no sh!t. 100% change in life style moving to the Rogue River just off the Pacific Coast. Here's a couple of shots from our balcony, 1 looking east at the HWY 101 bridge at sunset, 1 looking west at the Pacific during fishing season.... a shot of my "always garaged" Bronco now out in the elements for now.

Attachments

• GBr at Sunset.jpg
    GBr at Sunset.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 57
  • thumbnail_20210717_134235.jpg
    thumbnail_20210717_134235.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 56
  • EB in Gold Beach1.jpg
    EB in Gold Beach1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 59

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
You might look into dry-z-air. It is a similar product that is refillable, and pulls water out of the air like crazy. Used lots in these parts (Vancouver island) for marine and campers through the winter. I keep it in the bronco that lives under cover, but isn't in a garage. The garage kept one is fine.
If you drive the truck regularly then the bags might be easier because you don't have a tray of liquid water to deal with, but dry-z-air is great at what it does.

OP
OP
BronCowie

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Apricate that 67' but I do drive it regularly, always have and always will. Changing these bags monthly is a no-brainer. They are definitely keeping the interior dry.

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
We use
Apricate that 67' but I do drive it regularly, always have and always will. Changing these bags monthly is a no-brainer. They are definitely keeping the interior dry.
We use these in our boats and cabin in SE Alaska during the winter months. They work great. They sure fill up fast up there though…

OP
OP
BronCowie

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Thank you Howard.

I've never used these bags before but am completely satisfied. After 1 month, I changed them out today and the Bronco is bone-dry inside. 1 pic is a before and after of these bags. The other is of all 4 bags containing ~1.5 quarts of water.

Attachments

• Desicant Bag Before-After.jpg
    Desicant Bag Before-After.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Desicant Bag 1 month Collection.jpg
    Desicant Bag 1 month Collection.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 27

NewDog

Contributor
Loc.
Surrey BC
Thank you Howard.

I've never used these bags before but am completely satisfied. After 1 month, I changed them out today and the Bronco is bone-dry inside. 1 pic is a before and after of these bags. The other is of all 4 bags containing ~1.5 quarts of water.
BronCowie, what is the brand name of those dessicant bags? They look like they work really well.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
boeshield in hidden areas and under the hood is going to be your best friend.
Keep exposed areas clean and waxed will help those areas. maybe some of the new sealants.