• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Suggestions on keeping my Bronco?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Your going to need to be more specific. Keeping it from what? Based on your thoughts my guess would be that it has something to do with the Ebrake but I'm not sure. Even if it does then we still need more details as to what you are asking.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I think he's referring to anti-theft devices.
I believe Locar is an electronic tracking device you install on your vehicle that, when stolen, allows you to track it.... locate car ... Locar

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
You talking about theft prevention?

Like Lojack?

?:?

Where's that :scratching head: smiley when you need it?

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
:cool:
Mark Troy said:
I think he's referring to anti-theft devices.
I believe Locar is an electronic tracking device you install on your vehicle that, when stolen, allows you to track it.... locate car ... Locar

OK that makes sense ?:?

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Just sell your house and live in your Bronco - never leave it. Oh, and carry a big gun or maybe get a couple of nasty dogs to keep with you - j/k.

There are quite a few threads on here related to anti-theft devices. I haven't gotten that far in my build-up yet. I like the Grant steering wheels - pretty easy to use. But, like all of the other threads say - if they want it bad enough, they will probably be able to find a way.

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
look into lojack first ($$$) or just go with a hidden kill switch, or someone suggested brakelock in an earlier post or even putting your fuel switch to neutral (in order of most effective probably).

Wait, need to put guns and dogs in there somewhere.

DBrown

Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
personaly I think the kill switch idea is the best way to stop a total theft. there are several ways to do this to the fuel, electrical system, starter....but someone that knows about cars/trucks can figure it out pretty quick. when it comes down to it, have good insurance and try not to leave it to long in a public place.

and yes if someone wants it bad enough they will get it. it just might take longer. so the same theory goes for tracking systems.. they are powered from some source. if you get robbed by someone who has done it before he will probably look for that and just throw it away before you even know the truck is gone.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Since they are getting stolen more and more often I would suggest you have enough insurance to replace it completely. Keep every receipt for everything you have done to your ride. Do not just have liability unless the insurance is more than your Bronco is worth.

bronconate68

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
What are they doing with stolen EBs? Most parts are specific to the EB. There hasn't been a flood of newly rebuilt EBs. I'm thinking they just joy ride them, trash them and dump'em.

I've always left the fuel switch in neutral. If the thief knows to throw the fuel selector switch then he really wants the Bronco.

I have the steering wheel removal kit, I leave the fuel switch in neutral and I pull the coil wire. If my Bronco turns up missing, I'll be looking for the nearest clock tower and call it a life.

nate
'68

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
bronconate68 said:
What are they doing with stolen EBs? Most parts are specific to the EB. There hasn't been a flood of newly rebuilt EBs. I'm thinking they just joy ride them, trash them and dump'em.

I've always left the fuel switch in neutral. If the thief knows to throw the fuel selector switch then he really wants the Bronco.

I have the steering wheel removal kit, I leave the fuel switch in neutral and I pull the coil wire. If my Bronco turns up missing, I'll be looking for the nearest clock tower and call it a life.

nate
'68
Some are taken for joy rides, others are taken and then moved to another location where it will be hard to recognize them and then get the glove box door relaced with one some Joker here or elsewhere sells along with a title, (Sorry, but I have no respect for anyone selling glove box doors and titles without the frames) others are taken apart and sold in pieces.

Louie

Bronco Guru
The Grant steering wheel removal and lock is pretty trick. Luckily my 73 I just bought came with it ;) When you think about it...if a thief looks in your Bronco and the steering wheel is gone...odds are he'll move on.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
bronconate68 said:

nate
'68
Nate, How much was that kit out of curiousity?