• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

IT'S DECIDED: I'm Keeping the Bronco!

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
We're going to move soon (not sure where yet). Since the PO did so much crap to this bronco, it's been kinda tainted for me; fixing things that were already supposed to be completely redone. I had just wanted to fix it up / improve it. So I've gone back and forth and finally decided to sell it, then move (to a place with a garage), buy a new one that I can build from the frame up.

But after talking to some wise people, it makes more sense to keep this one (since I now know it so well, and what's been done to it). So, we'll move, and I'll strip this one down and do a total rebuild, making it a sweet LUBR.

I'm kinda excited about it.

But now I have to start the plan for Obscure Machine 2.0 - The LUBR.

Get ready for lots of questions!

jim

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I think you will be happy with your decision, well ok there were several that may have pushed a little but ultimately the decision was yours to make! When I built mine I made sure I could co back to uncut in about 4 hours, my quarters are pop riveted on :cool:

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
You made the right choice IMO. You have history with your current one, and that isn't replaceable. Plus, as you reverse more of the PO's work, the better the Bronco and the rest of the Bronco world gets, and you won't have to give him any credit for how it will look. ;D

Good luck on your move! :)

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
I was so expecting the first words of this thread to read " I have decided to keep the Bronco, I sure am going to miss my wife"

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I was so expecting the first words of this thread to read " I have decided to keep the Bronco, I sure am going to miss my wife"

I have the bests wife in the world. She's the one who said I should keep it. Plus, I think she wants me to build her one so she can be rid of the shame from driving a Jeep!

So, first thing I've done. Burned and cut 2 of the body bushings for new bushings and 1" BL.

IT'S ON!!

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I had been reading your posts and your struggle to keep or sell it and I'm glad you decided to keep it. I can't imagine starting over on another bronco when you know so much about yours. Good luck on your move and your build. Looking forward to the build thread.

Henry

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I have the bests wife in the world. She's the one who said I should keep it. Plus, I think she wants me to build her one so she can be rid of the shame from driving a Jeep!

So, first thing I've done. Burned and cut 2 of the body bushings for new bushings and 1" BL.

IT'S ON!!

Sweet! Keep us updated! You already know we love pics on here, so make sure there is plenty. :)