• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Keeping 72' Bronco Uncut?

jckkys

Bronco Guru
They cared enough to fix the high volume F-series trucks, after just one year of Bronco production. They ignored the Bronco body for 10 yrs. Then they threw the Bronco out with the bath water and then made a Ford Blazer.

OP
OP
F

freedomof76

I assume the 35”s you want to run are 12.5 wide? If so they will not fit inside the wheel well when you articulate, so you’ll be lifting a lot higher than 3.5” to keep from rubbing anything.

I have a total of 4.5” of lift on my Luber build with metric 33x10 BFGs. When done they should just barely fit inside the rear quarter when flexed.

I’ll look for you in Moab

PCDan, love the look of your rig! That wheel style and the color is a killer combo. Thanks for sharing!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I have been into early Broncos for close to 30 years and noticed them before that; until the last few years you would almost never see an uncut Bronco being driven, if you saw one you might go ten years before you saw another.
The uncut Broncos were the ones stuck away in the barn or only used to plow snow because they were not very useful off-road with the small tires that fit them.

Cut fenders and flares were a fairly common dealer option.

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
Mine was cut at, or by the dealer. It never saw the light of day as an uncut EB. I have thought about putting it back, but I have already done a ton of paint and interior work. I really don't want another huge paint shop bill. Mine only has a 1" chassis lift and I run 12.5 X 33s on it with room to spare. No body lift at all. The tire/wheel combo actually looks a bit small. I have also added the 23 gal tank and it doesn't even show. Keeping the lift down helps a ton with highway driving and doesn't impact off-roading at all.