• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need some honest opinions.....

cmatthews7

Loc.
Lake Placid
I'll go out on a limb and say the Goodyear Wrangler MTR's are the longest lasting mud tire I have ever run. I have had 2 sets of BFG M/T's (nice tires) but the MTRs typically last over 50,000 miles on my diesel daily drivers. I think they pull well and have never had to have one patched. I am on my 8th set ( I drive 50-60K miles yearly) of MTR's and will look forward to set #9 in about 15-20K miles. Regardless of what you buy rotate any MT when you change your oil and they will hold up much better.

OP
OP
wareaglebronc

wareaglebronc

Loc.
Murfreesboro, Tn.
This is the kind of info I am looking for! Has anyone seen or heard anything about the Nitto tires? I am just curious, I dont really think that I could buy a Japanese tire, I would rather buy American, just wondering if anyone has tried them ro known anyone who has? I think I am going to end up going with 33's on my truck. I am just not sure that I want to risk cutting the fenders anymore than they are. How much tire do you guys running the BFG's have stickin out of the fender after they are installed? Should I plan on adding fender flares to the front?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
With the lift you plan 33's should fit fine with no need for front fender flares.33X 10.50's should not stick out. 12.50's will though. So you might want front flares if running 12.50's

I've noticed that BFG's on bigger trucks dont seem to get very good mileage but on broncos they seem to get as good as anything else I've run.