• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help with wheels

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
I want to run 35x11.50 tires I currently have a 3-1/2” suspension lift and a 1” body lift. I would like to get 17” wheels since the tires seem to be cheaper
Can someone tell me what offset/back spacing I need? What bore size is needed? I have been looking at Raceline and fuel wheels found a couple styles I like. Some have -12mm some are 0mm and I found one that is 18mm offset

Thanks for any input

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
If memory serves me correctly, they have to be at least 4.25” to clear the front hub. Beyond that, I’m not sure about backspace and offset…

Randy

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
You want a -12 however if you have a 76/77 front knuckles they may still need spacers to clear the tie rod ends. Some 17’s are fine and some are not. As for pilot size is 3.43. Most aftermarket wheels are 4.25 on the pilot bore, if you want them to be hub centric you need pilot spacers which are available from several tire/wheel retailers. Most of us run wheels lug centric instead of hub centric and are quite happy.