• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hard top questions

destroyer000

so iam in the process of redoing my hard top, ive noticed it has a bit of an arch to it. if you look at the drip rail you can see it.. is the drip rail supposed to be perfectly flat? straight front to back? also i marked out my windshield top bolt holes which are different than the 66 pattern but it doesnt look like its in line with the old holes.. should those be the same distance from the edge as the factory holes

RonJones

Contributor
Is the arch present when it’s bolted down or when it’s not? Can u send a picture with the drip rail next to a straight-edge?

OP
OP
D

destroyer000

so thats my issue, i built my rig from new and ended up buying a soft top last year to get it on the road. the soft top was needing some love, my buddy blasted it and i had a lot of rust pits that needed to be fixed. so i finally brought it into the shop and decided to get working on it this winter. i have it flipped over on some saw horses and have the horses on the drip rail and that was how i noticed it was arched. the 66 i have is in pretty rough shape so i wasnt sure if that was contributing to the issue. ill try and get some pictures

MonsterBIlly

My top is in very good shape. My bronco was treated very well before i got it. My top is sitting flat on concrete right now and there is a slight even arch from front to back. I have the trim on mine as well and I can see the arch is pretty even. slight but its definitely there.