• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

General C.B. Questions and question for full hard top owners with C.B.'s

Tuck

I used to have a 1990 Bronco that had been used commercially. It had an antenna mount in the metal portion of the roof, & I used the hole to mount a short CB antenna. I used a high-tech QD adapter & it worked great--read I unscrewed the antenna when I needed to put it under something. If I wanted to leave it off for a while, I put a rubber cap on it (similar to a vacuum line cap) to prevent corrosion on the assembly. It's a little more work than a QD or spring mount, but I never had a problem with it. Of course I didn't hangar it much.

OP
OP
zombie66

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
Do you remember how short the antennae was Tuck? Antennae length was one of the reasons I was thinking of running off the tire carrier due to low branches on trail runs.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yea I had a 5x5 fran.,but could not pull under anywhere.That one would really get out there!!