• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Some general questions

Wyo4x4er

Ok so I have a 76 sport and was wondering if the dash on the sport was painted the satin parchment or color matched?

Also has anybody used any speedmaster 79 parts in an engine build? We use their headers at work and they work great. Of course i called and asked some questions on where they manufacture and machine the parts and was told in the USA.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My 73 was color matched, but it's a ranger. Some Explorer dashes were color matched too. Sports are parchment.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
my 1974 medium blue metallic Explorer had a matching dash and glove box from the factory.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does your '76 have the "special decor" stripe (long stripe along the body, then up and over the hood), and a color-matched hard top, and a non-silver grille area?
If any of those things, then it might have also had a color matched dash. Never sure about those pesky '76 models.
But like said, Rangers and some Explorers (not all) got colored dashes, while just a standard Sport would usually have had the parchment dash.

Paul