• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Re-installing hard top questions

mattt

Bronco Guru
I've had the hard top off the Bronco for at least 9 years. Recently I pulled it down to re-install it and having what might be an issue with it. Do hardtops always sit flat and square on the bed rails & windshield frame after being removed for a long time?

I ask because the top is not sitting square and flat against the windshield frame. I can pull it down into place by hand and I'd imagine bolting it in place would do the same, but then it would be under tension. Is that normal for a hardtop that has been off for a long time?

I'm not trying to permanently install it right now....just trying to get it set in place to take some measurements for new cage building & fitting.

SoCal68Bronco

Loc.
San Diego, CA.
I just installed my hardtop with new seals. I came across this same issue. Once you bolt down the hardtop across the windshield it will sit flat on the bed rails. Hope this helps.

Bferrari

x3 - just ran into the same thing test fitting mine, thought something was wrong. Glad to see I'm not the only one! I started by bolting down the side rails then finished with the windshield frame and everything seemed to come down okay.

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
x4!!! I did like Bferrari did and it all looks good now. Only thing I have to do is drill new holes in the front part of the hard top as only the outside holes line up with those on my windshield frame.