• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fair price for this 72

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, and maybe not.
While 60K should get you more than we see, one that’s really well sorted by someone that knows Broncos is also someone who is hoping to get well over 100K for theirs.
And it’s being proven out time and time again that while some can still be had in the 20s and 30s still, more and more are well over 100K.
Or even double that.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe go see this one in person and verify that they’ve put all the missing goodies back on.
Seems like the pictures we’re seeing are progression as someone mentioned.
Curious where they’ve gotten to.

OP
OP
Jsol

Jsol

Contributor
Yes, and maybe not.
While 60K should get you more than we see, one that’s really well sorted by someone that knows Broncos is also someone who is hoping to get well over 100K for theirs.
And it’s being proven out time and time again that while some can still be had in the 20s and 30s still, more and more are well over 100K.
Or even double that.

No doubt. It's really extraordinary. I passed on a couple at 40- 50k about 2 years ago thinking, they would cook off. Duh. I expect at 60k I would still need to invest a good bit. But at least an honest example is my goal from a trusted seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJBronk

Contributor
Just to add - I saw a Brittany Blue one that this seller had listed (maybe even the one in the pictures) and with the help of a forum member it appeared to be a quick flip (all fender bolts missing, spray on every fastener, some incorrect repairs, etc.).

I think for the money you could find a more honest truck.

OP
OP
Jsol

Jsol

Contributor
Just to add - I saw a Brittany Blue one that this seller had listed (maybe even the one in the pictures) and with the help of a forum member it appeared to be a quick flip (all fender bolts missing, spray on every fastener, some incorrect repairs, etc.).

I think for the money you could find a more honest truck.

It sold in 2 days so def doing enough to flip for unsuspecting buyer.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yes, and maybe not.
Or even double that.

no doubt

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

definitely some bandwidth for more if you find the right person

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Maybe go see this one in person and verify that they’ve put all the missing goodies back on.
Seems like the pictures we’re seeing are progression as someone mentioned.
Curious where they’ve gotten to.

Always in person if at all possible

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
A pillar
e4b2b88203e6a03b5571fa3f1acbfe5a.jpg

seems to be in pretty decent shape

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Something is being hidden...

I agree with Paul on many of his points. There are too many questions raised in looking closely looking at things.
Not a $59K Bronco, at that price it should have PS. Does it even have Frt disc brakes with the booster?
Appearance is that it has a Centech harness at the battery, but what is that wad of wires half taped on the pass side of the engine compartment.
Factory tired body mounts... As Paul said not much effort done on the undercarriage.

agreed.. look at it in person, if too questionable, just wait for the right one to come along

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro

There are a lot of people buying these things online, site unseen. I have actually done it as well but it was from an existing forum member and after long phone convos he sounded like an honest guy. I'd certainly say that the bronco was everything he said it to be. They will pop up on this forum from time to time so certainly keep an eye out.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How much were they advertising it for? And which bronco looked like the better, more complete build?

OP
OP
Jsol

Jsol

Contributor
How much were they advertising it for? And which bronco looked like the better, more complete build?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Funny, it’s advertised as a Sport when it doesn’t have any visible indicators of such. Including the bronco emblem, not having the sport badge.
Other than the Explorer emblem on the glove box, that is.
Good reason to ask for all the information off the warranty plate.

71 CA Bronco

I think you recieved some very good observations here. I would add that anytime I see masking tape left, missing hardware, and missing weather stripping after a new paint job, I always assume the paint/body work is subpar and will need redoing shortly thereafter. There have been plenty of guys to buy a shiny new car only to be cursing and tearing it apart thereafter. Look for good documentation of the entire build. If it was done right they wil have it. Good luck with your purchase. There are honest sellers out there. Just be patient and the right Bronco will come your way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jsol

Jsol

Contributor
I think you recieved some very good observations here. I would add that anytime I see masking tape left, missing hardware, and weather stripping after a new paint job, I always assume the paint/body work is subpar and will need redoing shortly thereafter. There have been plenty of guys to buy a shiny new car only to be cursing and tearing it apart thereafter. Look for good documentation of the entire build. If it was done right they wil have it. Good luck with your purchase. There are honest sellers out there. Just be patient and the right Bronco will come your way.

Yes and I will also up my budget range to be more market-ready cause my dad always told me "cheap is expensive".

TX-ZACH

Contributor
Loc.
Chappell Hill Texas
Looks like a great prospect to me. Take into consideration that fresh paint job would be in a min of $15k putting you at $45k. Id jump on that.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Not sure if I missed this or not, but does this have a clear title with a matching VIN on the frame???

OP
OP
Jsol

Jsol

Contributor
Not sure if I missed this or not, but does this have a clear title with a matching VIN on the frame???

Hi Pops. I passed on the car and it sold so didn't confirm the matching VIN in person.