• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fair Price?

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
What would be a fair price for a full custom stainless steel exhaust (minus headers)? 2 into 1 and 90 out behind the tire. Something like this...

Attachments

• Adventure-Series_22.jpg
    Adventure-Series_22.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 121

needsmoarturbo

I'd say to expect around $900 if you are having a shop install a nice quality stainless exhaust like that pictured.

Last edited:

nickgp

Bronco Guru
From long tube headers into 2.5 into One walker muffler exiting into 3 inch over the axle, behind the tire w tip for about 350. Used aluminized steel. Price was real fair, since the guy had to weld several mandrel bends together to snake thru gas tank area.

BanditBronco

$900-$1500 is what I would expect as well. That is not exhaust shop pricing. Custom stainless tube work comes with a price. A properly tig welded SS exhaust has some decent hours and build time in it. Don't expect to drop it off and pick it up during your lunch break...

Here are some pics of mine, I paid $800 for basically what you see. It had a muffler and then a quick 90 is the only things you can't see in the pictures.

Attachments

• exhaust 1.jpg
    exhaust 1.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 33
  • exhaust 2.jpg
    exhaust 2.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 32
  • exhaust 3.jpg
    exhaust 3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 29
  • exhaust 4.jpg
    exhaust 4.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 31

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
SS is going to cost you. I just had headers back aluminized exhaust put on my 70 true duals 2.25" pipes with knock off Flowmasters and 3" SS tips. All custom bent.Cost me $450. and I think I got a pretty good price.

If you are going with SS Headers they will be about $400 just for the headers. Add on all the SS pipes, bending, labor, plus mufflers I bet you will be $1,500 easy.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I was quoted $1500-2000 and I already have the muffler, resonator, and flex pipe.

That sounds right the guy down the road from me quoted me the same but that's a custom tig welded system

Calibronc66

I had mine done local guy has a manderal bender did 2.5” SS dual with two flow masters for $650. They also welded the bung for O2 sensor and put a flange in case I need to pull the tranny.
2ca29b49bcac05038502f62d5ca878a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amax

Those high prices really aren't too far out of line depending on how much fab has to be done. I do alot of custom stainless tube work and that it probably about where I would quote. I built a custom set of zoomy style long tube headers that came out behind the tires on a 74 Chevy race truck and I charged the guy 1500. Now that was four individual pipes from the header flange all the way back to behind the front tires on each side. Lots of fitment time and then they were all TIG welded solid and back purged while welding. He was happy with the price and I didn't feel like I did bad money wise but definitely didn't get rich off that job. He polished them to a mirror finish and they look really sharp since they have changed color because of the heat.